Gander Mountain Bankruptcy! - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thanks Tree84Thanks

Thread: Gander Mountain Bankruptcy!

15% off would make them closer, but still likely higher than a lot of other retailers- especially buying online. They always have had some good deals, when stuff was on sale! One good thing about them is that they always did seem to have inventory, even seemed much better than a lot of other places during the hard times. I think places like Academy have put a hurt on them, in particular on basic and entry level items (fishing tackle, apparel, etc.). I hate to see anyone in the industry struggle, so maybe they will figure it out and be better for everyone in their comeback.

Hmmm no wonder we are getting a new Field and Stream store here. When I go into GM...even over the past year it has always been scary empty of shoppers...oh well

In a story in the Chicago Tribune the owner of Camping World, the chain that bought out GM is planning on keeping about 70-75 stores open. But it also mentions that a separate investor group had bought the GM inventory to liquidate it. Supposedly this other group has control of the GM website until May 18th and that is why it states all the stores are closing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Here lies Lester Moore. Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Has anyone gone to their bankruptcy sale? Wondering if it's worth the trip I don't want to waste my day off going there to be disappointed
    LESTER, Smurky, akitainu and 2 others thanked this.

its not worth it - everything needs to be 25% just to be equal price else where

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyjim View Post
    Has anyone gone to their bankruptcy sale? Wondering if it's worth the trip I don't want to waste my day off going there to be disappointed
    Went to the GM in Texarkana Sat. Prices were only discounted 15%. Guy behind gun counter said prices would probably be dropped another 5% later on. Even discounted 20%, you will still save a bunch online at Buds or GrabaGun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    akitainu, hillbillyjim and Szange01 thanked this.
    "Ne Marchez Pas Sur Moi"

My wife and I went to the Gander Mountain Store in Tuscaloosa, Al. this past Sunday. General observations: Firearms: no big deal, prices still at or very close to MSRP. Ammo, no big deal. 15% off. We bought a couple boxes just because they had it, but there are far better deals on line. (FNH 5.7x28 SS-197 still $11.00 per box more than PSA). Magazines: Did OK here. Bought two magazines for my Ruger American Rifle. Paid $23.00 each. Best deal I have been able to find anywhere else has been $40.00 +. Clothing: My wife is very prone to skin cancer and must avoid direct sunlight. There are UV blocking shirts that routinely sell for 45-65 each. At GM she bought 7 at prices 17-19 each. Overall, there are some deals but you have to search for them. Even the fixtures were for sale, and some of the display cases (if you are into that sort of thing) were very attractively priced.
    hillbillyjim, akitainu, OvrK0 and 2 others thanked this.
    ARMY. Because the Marines need heros too.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    IMG_0967.JPG.......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links