Info about ordering a Gun from Botach? - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree173Thanks

Thread: Info about ordering a Gun from Botach?

Quote Originally Posted by cdiamond View Post
    Not a good experience with Botach, and on more than one occasion. I do not really like to redirect folks, but do believe it has been discussed on other posts. If I remember correctly, it correlates pretty closely to the above experiences- great prices, marginal availability, and bad customer service.

Had heard the same but wondered if they had got better, I know Palmetto used to have a really bad rep a few yrs. ago but in last yr. seems they changed for the better!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Here lies Lester Moore. Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Lester, I never have been 1 to brag or show off and we all know anything electronic can and will leave Info as to when, where and time Pic was taken but on some gadgets this can be disabled if 1 remembers.

On 1 of my car forums there have been several cases where 1 posted pictures and a few days later cars were gone from driveways.

People think they are so secure but they really are not and when I see pics of somebody's collection then I am shocked. On 1 of my other Gun forums a major collectore got hit big time and was almost cleaned out last month and the thieves came equipped with grinders & saws for his Safes and had a heyday, sad he always had shown pics of his "Rare" stuff.

About 10 yrs. ago at work 1 of my Asst. Mgrs. got a cellphone call and a few minutes later he was really upset and told me the story.

Will try to keep this short.

He was quite Comp savy and had just joined a bunch of Gun forums and used a nickname as well as a generic e-mail but he also used several proxy's and Hide ID apps. since he was security conscious, well on his favorite 2 forums he had issues with the same Mod and both parties said the other didn't know what they are talking about and he ended up getting banned at both places which had my Asst. Mgr. really mad and registered again at each about a dozen times and cussed out the Mods and then both places had issues with their forums going down and stuff in the Administrative functions being changed etc..

The mods posted and accused him of hacking their forums but had no proof but they kept having forum issues and the main Mod said that he had LE connections and would trace him (My Asst. Mgr.) down etc..

Seems the Mod illegally got his LE buds to trace the IP's despite the Proxy servers etc and got his address and name & phone numbers and then called him on his Cell since he said his Home ph. went to leave a mess. and told my Asst. hey XXXX this is XXXX from the forums and I live only a few miles from u and I really would like to meet at the Waffle House next to where U live and we can talk & have Coffee.

My Asst. went off on him and called him every name in the book and said if U SOB ever contact me again I will report U to the Cops and u & Ur LE buddies will get it for "Illegally" getting his IP address etc.. which scared the Mod. and my Asst. never heard anything else but the forums still had/have issues.

I someone can get Ur IP despite using this/that & the other thing my Asst. could just as easily got broken in to and had his guns stolen, but he had never posted pictures or bragged about any guns!

Need anymore reasons?

Also 50/50 experience. If they do havenin stock, may take a few weeks to ship as well!!
    vz58kid thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

vz58kid-stay away from Botach. The headache you will get is not worth the price of the gun. Find it somewhere else for a few dollars more and you will sleep better at night.
    vz58kid, cdiamond, Smurky and 1 others thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Botach has failed me twice. I ordered and waited weeks before cancelling an order for an "in stock" parts. I won't mess with them any more. Pics work on the sight of you know how to post them. The instructions are in the thread about problems posting pics on forum. I'd also like to add if your security is good enough you don't have to worry about your $hit getting stolen. Redundant back ups. Security systems complete with cameras, big @ss dogs strong doors, high end gun safes etc...

Last edited by KameronTKelly; 05-10-2017 at 02:27 AM.
    BigBuckeyeGuy, aquaticpig and vz58kid thanked this.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

That meme!!

I have ordered one thing from them - I ordered the QD ACOG/VCOG mount that they had from GDS for a ridiculous price of $40. It came fine. But i have heard just as much caution. I figured with $40 on the line, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Good luck whatever you choose. As a side note, the movie War Dogs that recently came out is about the owner's nephew, who actually worked at Botach for a time.
    vz58kid thanked this.
    Esse quam videri

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I just looked at the deal it's not much of a deal to put up with them

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/645110563

here you go comes with three mags I think
    vz58kid, LESTER, Smurky and 1 others thanked this.

Question

Thanks hillbillyjim, that price is hard to believe but then there is $30. ship & 3% CC and so its is right at $480. but Botach has the extra mag. Armsunlimited also has them for $480. free ship but also 3 mags only.

Locally I see them for $525. only 2 mags then 9.75 % tax and then $10. transfer fee so I would be looking at $580. OTD.

I was happy to see Beretta is also selling 21 rd. mags for these at $35. and 17 rd. mags for $32.

I do wonder if these will drop in price any more?
    hillbillyjim thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I think the price will be around 370 by Christmas like the fns9/40 were selling at palmetto recent years. Usually when they start addng models they also drop in price(like tactical or compact).
    LESTER and Smurky thanked this.

I just wish for once that there would be a rebate for I gun I want to buy, usually there are rebates on 1/2 of what I buy a few months after I buy them and I Luck out!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links