Liberal writer: Gun owners killing in self-defense deprives attackers’ rights to fair

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree21Thanks
  • 3 Post By M1P90
  • 5 Post By hillbillyjim
  • 4 Post By HK SD9 Tactical
  • 1 Post By Omnislug
  • 4 Post By saltpinch
  • 2 Post By Big Muddy
  • 2 Post By Cliff_Chambliss

Thread: Liberal writer: Gun owners killing in self-defense deprives attackers’ rights to fair

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

Liberal writer: Gun owners killing in self-defense deprives attackers’ rights to fair

WOW! The looney left keep making sh^T Up.

Liberal writer: Gun owners killing in self-defense deprives attackers’ rights to fair trial

A writer for the Huffington Post noted in a recent piece — “A Revision on the Bill of Rights, Part III” — that the Second Amendment certainly gives Americans the right to “carry and have a stockpile of guns.”

But Justin Curmi seems to have a bit of an issue with the right to “self-defend with a firearm.”

“The main problem with the notion of self-defense is it imposes on justice, for everyone has the right for a fair trial,” he writes. “Therefore, using a firearm to defend oneself is not legal because if the attacker is killed, he or she is devoid of his or her rights.”

It isn’t completely clear if Curmi — who graduated from Baruch College in New York City with a philosophy degree — is indeed waxing philosophic here, as countless cases demonstrate that killing with a firearm in self-defense is perfectly legal. But apart from that, many would scoff at his assertion that attackers lose their fair-trial rights if their victims fatally shoot them.

In the same paragraph, he jumps into “mental capacity” as a “major factor in deciding” if one has the right to have a gun.

“There are two reasons for ensuring mental capacity,” Curmi argues. “First, one of the Five Aims is to ensure domestic tranquility and there can be no tranquility if one does not have the capacity. Second, if one’s brain is distorting his or her reality, they do not have the proper reasoning and deduction skills to use a firearm.”

Curmi goes on to argue against gun ownership in general.

“A gun for civilians is a weapon for a revolution and not for ordinary use,” he writes. “The belief that a gun is a useful tool to protect one is counterintuitive because guns get into the hands of people who use them for horrible reasons.”

Let that one sink in for a second.

Curmi concludes with mentions about the difficulty of firing guns in stressful situations, how the U.S. government is lobbied to not study or fund research about the effects of guns and that a study showed classroom participants performed poorly in a mock situation with a gun in a classroom.

(H/T: Allen B. West)

Liberal writer: Gun owners killing in self-defense deprives attackers? rights to fair trial ? TheBlaze
    1KPerDay, redwards and Big Muddy thanked this.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    were liberals this retarded back in the day or is this the obama affect?
    Smurky, OvrK0, Hairlesswookiee and 2 others thanked this.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyjim View Post
    were liberals this retarded back in the day or is this the obama affect?
    Not all liberals are like this so you should not include the whole for a mere small percentage of the anti gun liberals. I know some liberals that own guns and would think that this is an idiotic rendering of the constitution where as if you kill someone in self defense, you take away their right to a fair trial to be judged by their peers.

The entire sanity of this statement by Curmi is in question. Too bad Curmi forgets to address that the deceased criminal violated my rights first and intended to take my life.....
    Smurky, Omnislug, OvrK0 and 1 others thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! for F0c9's sake! how can anyone be so stupid as to actually even THINK this way!? we're doomed, humanity has doomed itself with stupidity! that and giving scum (rapists, child molesters, those who commit violent home invasions etc etc) just PROMOTES those kind of people in society...but maybe this is the whole point?
    M1P90 thanked this.

Dream sequence:

It is 1798.
    I actually just cleaned my musket as I sipped on pops' home made moonshine.
    I'm hungry, stop, and decide to go outside and pop some rabbits without a license.

What is that?
    I hear the neighbors kid being raped/beaten or something in the horsebarn.
    It is confirmed that there is bad news going on there.

I level my musket at the bad man in the the barn, steadying the barrel over the fence line.
    The bad man turns to me and says, "that better not be a military musket son".
    He then shouts louder, "my attorney said you can't touch me with it".

About 200 years later, the bloodline of the perp's brother writes a snowflake letter.

-These people are weeds, aided in propagation from the rain-like tears of snowflakes from the sky.
    - Know your Enemy. - Sun Tzu(Art of War), RATM.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Having the means to protect myself and my wife from any thug who seeks to invade my castle gives me all the domestic tranquility I need. And as far as someone's brain distorting reality this fool is so far out of the realm of reality as to reside in the vacuum of space.
    M1P90 and billn17 thanked this.

I would like to ask the author to step into a room. In that room he would see his wife, child, parent tied and sitting in a chair. In front of them would be a person with a gun pointed at their head. on a table in front of him is a handgun. Now he has a choice: 1. Sacrifice his family member in order that the shooter would receive a fair trial. or 2. deprive the shooter of a fair trial and save his family member. I realize most of not all of us would be saying "bye bye plant food" as we pulled the trigger. I wonder what he would do.
    Omnislug and M1P90 thanked this.
    ARMY. Because the Marines need heros too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff_Chambliss View Post
    I would like to ask the author to step into a room. In that room he would see his wife, child, parent tied and sitting in a chair. In front of them would be a person with a gun pointed at their head. on a table in front of him is a handgun. Now he has a choice: 1. Sacrifice his family member in order that the shooter would receive a fair trial. or 2. deprive the shooter of a fair trial and save his family member. I realize most of not all of us would be saying "bye bye plant food" as we pulled the trigger. I wonder what he would do.
    I seriously doubt he has anyone he cares about...except his mommy. Maybe that's a little over the line.
    The largest problem with "distorted reality" is that no one has an accurate picture of reality, and 95% of people distort their reality with the opinions of others without checking it to be true. The reason the left believes as they do most often (from my studies) is that they get caught in a good sounding idea without looking at reality and how it historically and commonly plays out.
    Esse quam videri

excellent idea of teaching by showing, I can't imagine how anyone could think this way , maybe he lived a extremely soft life without any kind of violence whatsoever ever witnessed, or spent his whole life in bed.
    fertilizer, and if really desperate...food

Sponsored Links