Possible Early Gorsuch Effect on the 2nd Amendment?

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree17Thanks
  • 5 Post By Aging Disgracefully
  • 5 Post By Patton250
  • 2 Post By Aging Disgracefully
  • 4 Post By LESTER
  • 1 Post By little_scrapper

Thread: Possible Early Gorsuch Effect on the 2nd Amendment?

Senior Member Aging Disgracefully's Avatar

Possible Early Gorsuch Effect on the 2nd Amendment?

This might seem arcane, but the Supreme Court lists cases so that they can be considered in conference for possible presentation before the full court. Every once in a while a case fails at the conference stage but then is "re-listed" for reconsideration. This can often be a sign of shifting currents on the court.

Well, a big one has been relisted: Peruta v. California (Relist Watch - SCOTUSblog). This is a case worth reading about, but basically it would force California more in line with the "shall issue" standards for CCW of other states if Peruta succeeds.

These are early days, and we shouldn't get excited. But I don't see how this can be read as good news for the state government of California on this case.

And interestingly it happens just as Gorsuch joins the conference process.

Could this be an early indicator of good things to come on SCOTUS? Worth watching.
    Patton250, Smurky, M1P90 and 2 others thanked this.

Remember Gorsuch replaced Scalia so we really haven't had a shift in the court. If we could replace one liberal we could change this country back. I'm praying man because there's a lot more on the line on top of our Second Amendment rights.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
    - General George S Patton

"Errors In Complex Genetic Code Produce More Complexity" - An Atheist
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Morality does not derive from consensus

Morality is nothing more than expressions of people's personal taste/ Right?

My all time favorite forum quote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Originally Posted by akitainu
    As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo, I will have one.

Senior Member Aging Disgracefully's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
    Remember Gorsuch replaced Scalia so we really haven't had a shift in the court. If we could replace one liberal we could change this country back. I'm praying man because there's a lot more on the line on top of our Second Amendment rights.
    Agreed. Kennedy (who is a pretty soft conservative) will likely be replaced this summer, my guess with someone a little more rock solid.

Then it all depends what happens with the 4.

That all said, when Scalia died some key 2A cases were getting to the petition/conference stage at SCOTUS, so that really hurt the 2A. I hope that this is an early signal that Gorsuch plans to re-start this process.
    Patton250 and Smurky thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
    If we could replace one liberal we could change this country back.
    I don't think Ginsberg will be around in eight years! so there's still hope!
    OvrK0, M1P90, Smurky and 1 others thanked this.

Ginsberg is what? 84. She should have retired 10 years ago. But the oldest supreme justice ever was 90; so she could literally hang on until she dies at the rip old age of about 100. And she will; Just out of spite. lol
    OvrK0 thanked this.
    "I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz

People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    The libs were pressuring her to retire during Obumma's tenure, she didn't like it one bit. If Trump gets a chance to nominate more justices my fear is Trump will go soft and pander to the dems and nominate a "centrist" and we'll get another Souter. The circuit courts have also moved left during Obummer's tenure, most notably the 4th district.

Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    Ginsberg is what? 84. She should have retired 10 years ago. But the oldest supreme justice ever was 90; so she could literally hang on until she dies at the rip old age of about 100. And she will; Just out of spite. lol

Sponsored Links