FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree15Thanks

Thread: The French surrender again...

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

The French surrender again...

Franceto close embassies in fear of cartoon backlash France to close embassies in fear of cartoon backlash - FRANCE - FRANCE 24

France announced Wednesday it will close 20 embassies across the Muslim world on Friday after French weekly Charlie Hebdo published cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed naked, amid growing unrest over an anti-Islamic film that has left dozens dead.

The French foreign ministry announced Wednesday that France will close 20 of its embassies in Muslim countries this Friday following the publication of controversial Prophet Mohammed cartoons by satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo. Major protests in the Muslim world generally take place after Friday prayers.
    The illustrations, which show the Prophet Mohammed naked and refer to the incendiary US-made film which has been fueling deadly unrest among Muslim communities for over a week, hit newsstands across France on Wednesday.
    The magazine's editor, Stephane Charbonnier, told reporters that the pictures, which are printed on the back page, will "shock those who will want to be shocked."

But the French government condemned the decision to go ahead with publication amid a global uprising ignited by the American anti-Islam video which ridicules the Prophet Mohammed. Dozens of people have been killed during the unrest, including the US ambassador to Libya, who was targeted at the consulate in Benghazi by suspected fundamentalists.
    Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius told FRANCE 24 on Tuesday that while he respects freedom of expression, he sees “no point in such a provocation.” Stressing that the French government would never encourage the cartoons’ publication, he called for “reason to prevail.” Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault issued a statement Tuesday saying: “In the current climate, the prime minister wishes to stress his disapproval of all excess and calls on everyone to behave responsibly.”
    No backing down
    It’s not the first time that Charlie Hebdo, which is celebrated for its irreverent treatment of politicians and public figures, has courted controversy with the Muslim community. In November last year the Paris offices of the paper were firebombed after it published a mocking caricature of Mohammad on its front page.
    Editor Charbonnier, originally a cartoonist who uses the name Charb, told French news channel iTele on Tuesday that the paper “does caricatures of everyone, and above all every week, but when we do it with the Prophet, it’s called provocation,” adding that if Charlie Hebdo stopped printing satirical work because of pressure or fear of offence, it would be reduced to selling 16 blank pages every week.

Representations of Allah or Mohammad are considered as blasphemous to Muslims. The main Islamic body in France, the French Muslim Council (CFCM), accused Charlie Hebdo of firing up anti-Muslim sentiment at a sensitive time. “There is profound indignation at the publication of these cartoons,” leader Mohammed Moussaoui told FRANCE 24, describing the cartoons as “unjust” and “Islamophobic”. But Mouassoui also called on France’s Muslim community – which is the biggest in Europe – to “rise above their anger and not give in to the provocation”.
    Pascal Boniface, who heads France’s International and Strategic Relations Institute (IRIS), tweeted on Wednesday morning that Charlie Hebdo “is not Islamophobic, but simply opportunist, cynical, and without scruples.”
    But with calls already circulating on social networks and the internet for weekend protests over the US film that originally sparked unrest, concerns that the Charlie Hebdo cartoons could exacerbate the situation are mounting.
    Last edited by MP_OHIO; 09-19-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

The magazine is also French though, and is going forward with publication in spite of having been previously bombed for similar activities.

A short drive from the center of the universe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Sounds like SOME people need to grow a thicker skin. Brainwashed 'tards.

All this is just plain stupid. If someone depicted degrading illustrations of Jesus, or Buddha, Krishna, nothing (for the atheists out there), and whomever else...who cares. Yeah, it sucks and it doesn't sit too well, but at the end of the day, your faith should supercede what some guy thinks. Don't buy the book, don't watch the movie, don't read the magazine. You can't control 6.5 billion individual minds so get over it world.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Basically, it is because they are uneducated(nicest way I could put it). A stupid person is an easy one to control(Look at most of barrys voters)
    Scorpio, cetane and Nomadic1 thanked this.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

I am an american muslim. And i find this stuff with drawings of Mohammed, that video on you tube and such, absolutelly hillareous, and absolutely not insulting. I believe that the major reason why majority of the middle east gets frustrated about these images is because majority of them are not educated, iliterate and do not know that we americans have something called 'freedom of speech'. Hollywood and the rest of movie, cartoon producers constantly make jokes about jesus, buddha, etc, and yet noone says nothing. Some laugh about it, some think its stupid, but noone gets killed because of it. I still cant believe four of my fellow americans died because of it. I feel ashamed sometimes to say what religion I am because of these middle eastern uneducated ****s. Instead of taking our help that we americans offer them, and work on our relationship, they attack the embassy because some amateur made a video. The video is made so ****ty that i had to push my self to fi ish watching it. I did lol at some parts tho. However that guy has all the right to make any video or statement he wants because he is an american and here in america he is protected by the first amendment. If i was him i would make another one because sure as hell he has the biggest audience in the world. This is just my opinion and view on this whole cluster**** that is happening.
    Nomadic1, MP_OHIO and WheelinArcher thanked this.

I dont hate or look down on people because of their country, their religion or what they believe in but I do hate stupidity! Just think what the world would be like if people just thought for themselves.
    cetane and akitainu thanked this.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FullAssault View Post
    I dont hate or look down on people because of their country, their religion or what they believe in but I do hate stupidity! Just think what the world would be like if people just thought for themselves.
    Amen, brother.
    FullAssault thanked this.
    “If we win here we will win everywhere. The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.” Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

Relax, Scorpio.

Most of us, I think, realize that what we're being shown over and over is basically the Westboro Baptist Church of the Muslim world. Then again, WBC isn't flying planes into buildings... yet.

Fundamentalism is what happens when a small faction of an established religion looks back at all of the heinous, embarrassing past history of their religion that the modern leaders don't like to talk about, and say "Hey! How come we're not doing THAT!?"

Protestants have thirty-one flavors of fundies, Catholics have Opus Dei, Jews have Zionism, and Islam has Jihadists.

I recognize "The Force", henceforth known as The Higgs Field, and The Constitution of the United States of America. My life is my own. My neighbor's life is their own. Harm no one. Leave me, my guns and my money the eff alone.
    Sullivan, Scorpio and Nomadic1 thanked this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links