Advice to members - DO NOT shop at these stores - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree50Thanks

Thread: Advice to members - DO NOT shop at these stores

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    What's the problem with Cabelas? I can understand yanking Bushmaster, even if I don't like it, and it appears that they are only holding it back in Connecticut (understandable), and restricting it online. Are they doing this with other models, or just Bushmaster?

and ban the brand of peanut butter, breakfast cereal, toilet paper etc, the whack job used? Because it also was part and parcel to who he was.

The useless tool used an inanimate object, he also drove himself to the school in a black Honda Civic. Perhaps Honda Dealers should pull Black Civics off the lots.

All this shark chumming and frenzy feeding puts folks on the path that the cliff jumpers are on, just not that far along yet.

I would question anyone who understands the pulling of a Bushmaster why they don't also back the pulling of the 5.56 round as well? Since the bullet is effectively what ended the lives of the innocents.

This "understanding"" is tacit approval that the anti-gun people are right in their march, but only to a different degree.

If, and I say if, this is the beginning of the end of the 2nd as we know it, it will not be due to the opposition being stronger, it will be those who chose to be weaker.

Falling on this sward is no act of honor.

It is pathetic, and I am certain these words to a similar degree were spoken more than 200 years ago in this great land.
    STL, bigern311, AFK9Cop and 3 others thanked this.

what's wrong with Cabelas?

Third paragraph ... Walmart is pulling the Bushmaster as well:

Businesses React to Newtown Tragedy | The Exchange - Yahoo! Finance

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

WTF is going on w/ Cabellas? I guess the local B&M shop is getting my $$$ for a new safe! F Them!
    how do they cave to the anti's? especially, since they dont shop there anyway!

I think you misunderstand my point, and more than likely the point of Cabelas. In no way shape or form do I feel that Bushmaster shouldn't be sold ever again. However, for their image, and for "sensativity" on the issue, they have temporarily stopped selling Bushmaster carbines. Let's face it, the Bushmaster carbine the idiot used has become a well recognized name, and it is a murder weapon. Is Cabelas still selling other ARs? Better ARs? 5.56 ammo and mags? Yes to all. They aren't following along like Dicks or CTD, they, like Wal-Mart, are taking temporary actions to keep from receiving too much bad press. Back when the Fort Hood shooting happened, and it came out that an FN57 was used by that asshole, a lot of places did the same thing with it. A temporary measure to allow people to calm down, and the idiots to forget. Again, am I happy Cabelas stopped selling Bushmaster carbines? No. Can I understand why they wouldn't want the bad publicity that would surly come down on them if they were still selling them? Absolutely.
    15ICAM, XTRazzer, humint and 1 others thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The Latest and Greatest in TactiCool gear won't save you, but what's wrong with Surviving in Style?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I may catch some crap for this but I think a ban on Cabela's is a bit pre-mature at this point since they have only suspended Bushmaster in thier CT store and not nation wide. Call it a sign of respect to the victims or whatever but displaying some sensitivity in a limited and localized fashion is not in my mind caving to the antis.

Dicks and CTD can go to hell though as far as I'm concerned

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    You are entitled to shop where you want.

Cabelas was put on the list because it is withholding selling the Bushmaster in CT. When they start selling it again, they will come off the list but until then, it is up to the membership to decide whether they will shop there or not.

I have a CLUB VISA with them and I will not use it or take advantage of the free shipping or any other offer made to CLUB members because I feel that their response of removing the Bushmaster leave the shooting sports industry with a black eye.

When a Boeing plane crashes, you do not see them not selling their airplanes.
    When a bus crashes, you do not see a halt to the selling of buses.
    There are hundreds of people killed each day in an automobiles crashes (how many children???) yet cars are sold by the thousands each day. Over 40,000 people this year alone.
    pjmarshake and hocuzgetaction thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Gos
    Boy... was looking through the old CTD facebook entries. They sure talked tough about how pro-2A they are, until the first "real" challenge showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gos View Post
    Boy... was looking through the old CTD facebook entries. They sure talked tough about how pro-2A they are, until the first "real" challenge showed up.
    How does that quote go From Thomas Paine?

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country...
    Alpha-17 and Rangerone thanked this.

Yeah, that's messed up. CTD folded quicker then a lawn chair. Dunhams seems to have pulled Bushmasters off of thier website along with most others. I did see a bolt action and 22. plinker (black rifle).... nothing else.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links