Google Search
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree46Thanks

Thread: I'm Willing to Compromise on Gun Control

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious View Post
    KNOW THE FACTS
    You don't think they're going to let a little thing like that stand in their way do you?
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeahawkDriver-R View Post
    .....The only regulations I am willing to enforce are closing the gunshow loophole, its ridiculous that I have to get a background check, but some schmuck can do a face-to-face with GOD KNOWS WHO and walk away with anything they want.

Nope, not even this. Not one freaking inch will I give to the anti gunners.

There is no gun show loophole. It is a myth. Any two consenting adults can privately do business WITHOUT government interference. If I want to sell you a Spacely Cog, it is not the Governments business.

This is a back door attempt for regulation and gives the Government and anti gunners the ability to use an intermediary to put their dirty little hands on your guns.

Nope, not a freaking inch......

Here is a thought, why don't we let the Government do an anal probe every time we want to take a crap, that way they can ensure that our #$%& don't stink....... (A little (alright very little) humor injected for fun).

No offense SeahawkDriver-R but you are on the wrong track with this one.....

As to the OP, would not work. Like me, then anti gunners will not surrender anything and I am currently fine with that. A stalemate. No changes. Works for me. That way they can concentrate on the real issues in this case, none of which have to do with firearms.

You ever wonder why the 2nd amendment is the only amendment in the Bill or Rights that has the term "NOT INFRINGED" included in it?

Today, in an effort to curb hammer violence, the House and Senate passed the anti hammer control law that forbids any hammer that looks heavy and has those nasty looking claws on them to be banned. They did however allow for colored rubber grips which the hammer critics argue make the hammers look even nastier. Worried carpenters, who opposed the ban, are now left with with the only option of banging their heads against the wall, or using rocks to build your house. On a related note, the House passed the Anti Rock bill and forwarded it to the Senate for their action. This bill will ensure that no rocks are ever used in the commission of a crime.
    Woodpile and keystone183 thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by jhs27275 View Post
    I'm willing to compromise too, they can take all of your guns thay want.

Don't mess with mine.

^^^^^^^^^
    This.
    jhs27275 and Delmustator thanked this.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
    - General George S Patton

"Errors In Complex Genetic Code Produce More Complexity" - An Atheist
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Morality does not derive from consensus

Morality is nothing more than expressions of people's personal taste/ Right?

My all time favorite forum quote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Originally Posted by akitainu
    As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo, I will have one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Thorz113 View Post
    You might have what you think you need. I might have what I think I need. But what about people who aren't that age yet or haven't made those purchases yet.

Is similar to saying as a 18 year old that you support raising the driving age from 16 to 21 as long as their is a grandfather clause and you can keep driving. It might 'not effect' you but for the guy turning 16 tomorrow, he just got hosed.

No dice.
    Agreed 100%
    While I have my fnx 9 with one of those scary high cap magazines (all 17 rounds) it would be nice for me to be able to buy a rifle. Im 23 don't make a whole lot and my house payment comes before any gun purchases. If this crap passes Im not getting my hands on a nice rifle unless I want to break the law to do so. I have every right to own a rifle like every other American.

Not ONLY am I not willing to budge an inch, BUT I want all the other BS repealed. GCA's of 1934, 1968, FOPA 1986...!

Quote Originally Posted by jlang11 View Post
    Not ONLY am I not willing to budge an inch, BUT I want all the other BS repealed. GCA's of 1934, 1968, FOPA 1986...!

^^^^^^^^^
    And This
    Delmustator thanked this.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
    - General George S Patton

"Errors In Complex Genetic Code Produce More Complexity" - An Atheist

Morality does not derive from consensus

Morality is nothing more than expressions of people's personal taste/ Right?

My all time favorite forum quote.

Originally Posted by akitainu
    As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo, I will have one.

Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
    I’m willing to compromise on gun control. I’m willing to accept a ban on “high capacity” magazines. I’m willing to require background checks on all firearm sales even between private parties. I’m even willing to accept the re-implementation of the 1994 assault weapons ban (with a grandfather clause). In order for me agree to all of this, the gun control advocates will also need to give a little bit and compromise. First there must no longer be any gun-free zones. Schools, movie theaters, private businesses etc. must allow anyone with a permit to carry a handgun. The next time someone decides to shoot up a movie theater/school/post office/university people will probably be shooting back. The only way anyone can have a gun free zone is if they provide metal detectors and have armed policemen providing security at the venue i.e. courthouses, airports, some sporting events etc. The only other requirement I have is that CCW permits shall be readily available in all states and all states must offer reciprocity to anyone with a CCW permit.

I’m willing to give a lot when it comes to gun control and I am only asking for a little bit in return. With a solid grandfather clause, we really aren't giving up that much. It is time we finally close the “gun free zone” loophole where criminals are allowed to carry guns in gun free zones yet law abiding citizens are not.

Thoughts?

From my cold dead hands...
    AMP PS90 trigger install:

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 Obama leaves.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    And This
    I second that.

What part of "The rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed", do those who want to give up any rights not understand?

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlang11 View Post
    I want all the other BS repealed. GCA's of 1934, 1968, FOPA 1986...!
    We all wish, but won't ever happen.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

We don't have the gun show loopholes here. You buy a gun, you do an FFL transfer. Otherwise it's a felony if you get caught.

Everytime I have purchased at gun shows, you have to sit down and do the paperwork. The seller calls it in..

Having a CCW really makes the process easier and I have taken pre-filled out FFL forms to speed up the process.
    -Del
    THE Unrequited Shooter

Do you know the difference between justice and punishment......

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links