I'm Willing to Compromise on Gun Control

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree46Thanks

Thread: I'm Willing to Compromise on Gun Control

Exclamation I'm Willing to Compromise on Gun Control

I’m willing to compromise on gun control. I’m willing to accept a ban on “high capacity” magazines. I’m willing to require background checks on all firearm sales even between private parties. I’m even willing to accept the re-implementation of the 1994 assault weapons ban (with a grandfather clause). In order for me agree to all of this, the gun control advocates will also need to give a little bit and compromise. First there must no longer be any gun-free zones. Schools, movie theaters, private businesses etc. must allow anyone with a permit to carry a handgun. The next time someone decides to shoot up a movie theater/school/post office/university people will probably be shooting back. The only way anyone can have a gun free zone is if they provide metal detectors and have armed policemen providing security at the venue i.e. courthouses, airports, some sporting events etc. The only other requirement I have is that CCW permits shall be readily available in all states and all states must offer reciprocity to anyone with a CCW permit.

I’m willing to give a lot when it comes to gun control and I am only asking for a little bit in return. With a solid grandfather clause, we really aren't giving up that much. It is time we finally close the “gun free zone” loophole where criminals are allowed to carry guns in gun free zones yet law abiding citizens are not.

Thoughts?

....shall not be infringed.
    Young Guns and osamanobama thanked this.

Great, you make a compromise like this, and by the time the bill is passed, it includes all of the anti-gun stuff, and nothing on their side. Or, it does pass, only to have the "gun free zones" put back in place is later legislation, with all of the anti-gun restrictions still in place. Or they just use the required background checks to database who has what guns, even through private sales, and when they do decide to cram a total ban, or registration down our throats, they will already have all the data on where the guns are, who owns them, and when you got them. I understand what you're trying to do, but in this case, there really can be no compromise. Compromise is what got us the last AWB, and what could easily be used to destroy the 2nd Amendment piece-mail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The Latest and Greatest in TactiCool gear won't save you, but what's wrong with Surviving in Style?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quoted Hk SD9 Tactical

"Let me make this perfectly clear. I WILL NOT SURRENDER ANYTHING MORE TO THE ANTI GUNNERS.

We have been inundated with **** from them that is useless. No more. For those of you that are willing to give up whatever to appease the anti gunners, you are no better then them. Take your anti gun agenda and attitudes of surrender and leave. Go freaking live in England or Australia or where ever you think that you will feel safer, but be prepared for a surprise because none on the **** works in those countries either. A little at a time the anti gunners have been chipping away at our constitutional right to bear arms UNINFRINGED. You all need to look up what the hell "NOT INFRINGED" means.

Over the last 50 years we have surrendered so much to these anti gunners. NO MORE. Not a freaking inch will I surrender to them.

IT WAS NOT A GUN THAT COMMITTED THIS CRIME. I was a deranged ****head that should have been committed a long time ago. So NO, I WILL NOT surrender any more of my rights because some sicko committed this atrocity.

CT has one of the strictest AWBs in this country and it failed miserably as all AWBs do. They do nothing to prevent the criminals from committing crimes.

You want a solution, arm teachers. Put bullet proof glass in all classrooms. Put biometric locks on the doors. Make classrooms capable of being panic rooms.

Leave my freaking guns and my rights to bear them alone. Putting more rules on law abiding citizens will do absolutely NOTHING to stop this **** from happening.

Why don't you anti gunners look at surrendering your first amendment rights and get rid of these video games and stop Hollywood from glorifying mass murder. There is a solution, make Hollywood pay $500 million for each film that they put of glorifying mass murder. Use that money to put armed guards in NO GUN ZONES. Freaking problem solved.

WTF is next, are you willing to give up your steak knife because it is pointed and can prick someone? "

"Give them a dollar, they'll take two "

Seriously, how many threads are we going have to go through this in???

You are either trolling, or you have a problem reading through all of the other posts where your points are said, and then Kameron, Alpha, Gbosh, and other like individuals tell you why this is utterly ridiculous.

The facts will not change just because a new thread is started with some minor variation of how we should give up some more of our rights in order to appease those who want our total disarmament.
    Ferris2son thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Comprise for them and you'll have so much more **** rammed up your ass before you know it youll be fending off a home invasion with a slingshot, No wait that fires a projectile too so those will probably get banned as well... Thank god you will still have your baseball bat though (apparently more folks are murdered with baseball bats than any other weapon) statistics show those have killed more people then bullets. Speaking of which I seriously doubt that I 2,000$ plus High end AR has been a tool of manslaughter. I am willing to bet you'd be hard pressed to find a case where a Scar was the murder weapon. Don't compromise and don't back down. If the NRA does support another group and fast.
    Delmustator thanked this.

NO. Any gun control law is an infringement. I am in favor of empowerment laws which allow people to defend themselves.
    Delmustator thanked this.

Banned
    Alpha-17, AFK9Cop, Poodle Soup and 1 others thanked this.

Yeah its been said before, you give them an inch, they'll take a mile. The only regulations I am willing to enforce are closing the gunshow loophole, its ridiculous that I have to get a background check, but some schmuck can do a face-to-face with GOD KNOWS WHO and walk away with anything they want. Sure, this happens on the black market, but as a law-abiding citizen, its not equitable. I am also willing to support legislation that mandates training and competency before owning, possessing, transferring, or even looking-at any firearm; I've been flashed too many times at the gun range by dumbasses who can't handle a gun properly.

But when it comes to banning guns by name, or "evil looking" pieces of plastic that hang off the side, its the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard- a platform of pure ignorance and animosity towards inanimate objects. The most effective way to make a gun into a killing machine is a well-trained SHOOTER, not some ridiculous bayonette lug, a barrel shroud, an akward and bulky pistol grip, or even one of those jam-o-matic drum mags. Someone who has trained and is disciplined with 10-rd magazines... 1) Has inherently MUCH better mag-changing skills, and 2) Has inherently much more shot discipline, which means they AIM and don't SPRAY. If you don't beleive me, shoot in production class and see what I mean, by having 10-rd mags, you become a much more disciplined shooter that makes each shot COUNT and you always know how many bullets are left in the gun. These are skills that could potentially make any bad guy much more deadly. I'd rather we keep 30rd mags on the market and let them flail with stray lead, poor marksmanship as a result of overconfidence from high-round-count, and jammed-up breaches (case in point, the Oregon mall shooter).

But then these are the things that the progressive-tards in lib-topia will never understand. They're more interested in disarming people so they can push us around without ever fearing they'll be truely held accountable for their oppression.
    AFK9Cop, Delmustator and Cincigunner thanked this.
    FNAR Heavy Barrel
    FN SCAR17 FDE

"I don't own 'guns', I own contstitutionally-guaranteed systems that preserve Liberty"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links