Cheaper Than Dirt - Forgiven? - Page 3

FN Forum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Thanks Tree8Thanks

Thread: Cheaper Than Dirt - Forgiven?

Senior Member DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, WELL DO YA PUNK?
    CTD = call them dead.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    stew thanked this.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

Member Hits The Target
    I pass their store front and fort worth, tx warehouse on the way home and myself and others at work were done with them. I was needing some ammo and a receiver extension for an AR-15 lower. I went back on my word of not using them and gave in just because it is so darn convenient. At this place you can go shopping at the warehouse counter and find what you want from the catalog and they go back and get it to you. I found a cheap buffer tube and was thumbing through their catalog looking for some 9mm and 45acp ammo. The catalog was a January catalog I believe but I would ask for a certain brand of 45acp to see if it was in stock.

Well the price in the catalog was about $4/box cheaper than what he was quoting from the computer. Before I left I asked if he had some 5.56 in the warehouse. The guy said, "Yep, if you want to pay for it". At least he acknowledged they were overcharging but it hacked me off. I don't see a lot of price jumping at Cabelas and other online places. Of course some are, and I don't frequent them and after this at CTD, I won't be going back. They did this crap at the end of 2008 and early 2009 as well with the election of the One.

I guess I missed the story leading up to this but I see that CTD is not very customer friendly...note to self. Sportsmans Guide is where i get all my ammo just saying

I was just checking everyone's resolve. I didn't say I was buying from them. To get this many responses so fast I think it shows that CTD is and will be forever in the dog house.

The reason I asked is that I was updating something on Facebook and thought I would see how many likes CTD has on their page. I was overwhelmed with their over the top attempt at being 2nd Amendment friendly with tons of posts and links to everything pro-gun they could find. I took it as the desperate actions of a failing company.

If I owned any guns and needed anything firearm related, I would not consider CTD either. I was just curious how you guys felt and I didn't want to lead the topic by saying what I feel.

I still get mad thinking about S&W's stunt years ago, even though I have forgiven them since them is not necessary the same them as it was then.

RD

Freedom is only for those that are willing to defend it.

"I resist not because I think I can prevail, I resist because it is the right thing to do", said by me.

I never shopped from them before this shady business tactic so I doubt they'll miss my business anyways. I was on their mailing list for some reason, and I did get some BS email from them regarding their firearms sales policies. It wasn't an apology, but it seemed as some half assed excuse that came across as them passing the buck and trying to deny what was done.
    Lifetime member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart

Flamethrowers: Because someone once thought "I really want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

"
    At the scene, Joeann Smith told police that she and her brother began playing with her loaded Rosco .22-caliber revolver while they were drinking Seagrams Gin and King Cobra beer."

They can suck on a fat one. 1,000$ for a case of .223? yeah. right. I hope they rot.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Unknown author.

Disclaimer: I cant spell.

Dirty is as Dirty does~
    CTD=Completely Totally Dishonored
    stew thanked this.

Member Hits The Target
    They called the BATFE offices in Texas because they were suspicious of this guy buying thousands and thousands of dollars worth of ammo and I believe a few firearms as well. They called ATF with this info and told them we are loading it into a Bentley and that he payed with a "Black" American Express Card that we've never seen before. ATF checked him out immediately and he was a member of a very prominent family in the city and very wealthy and generous family to that city. This guy is also a financial advisor and made millions off the crash in 2009. He is also advising his clients to buy lots of gold and ammo. If you are in the DFW area you have heard of this family as they have a performance hall named after them in downtown Fort Worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberos View Post
    If you want to buy from them, no need to ask our permission. I will stand by my convictions...CTD can go sit on a Grip-POD and press the button.
    Is that the smooth or knurled unit?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ever since I went to the vet everything has been loud as f#ck.

Number 1 qualification on resume "Able to piss people off" and have ship load of references to prove it, But they all hate me!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links