Why there exists an AMMO SHORTAGE... - Page 2

FN Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree4Thanks

Thread: Why there exists an AMMO SHORTAGE...

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryOrDeath View Post
    This particular purchase inquiry is dated, however, if you add up all of them over the course of the past 12 months, it would total 1.6 BILLION rounds. Hey Kipp, do the math on that one sir, and divide by all those who wield a gun under the DHS umbrella. Seems steep to me, but, what do I know. I'm just a low-level ammo buyer from the South.

Does anyone know the #s for any of those depts?
    CHICAGO 2012
    509 homicides, 2,500+ shootings and a January 2013 that is already 200% ahead of last year (23)
    Toughest gun laws in the Nation

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    It's a good question Kipp, but very elusive, especially since some of the departments rolled up within DHS won't publicly disclose how many people are in each organization. I think I was able to dig up some assumed numbers before. I'll see if I can find it again and perhaps it will be directional.

The United States Military KILLED American Students at Kent State when I was a kid during the VietNam War Protests.

I am certain many forum members recall the tragic event.

They, our Government & its Agents, are more than capable & willing to do it again, to send the message they are in power, with ALL the power (or so they think).

Times have changed along with civilian firepower, so I hope our Government doesn't go that route again.

But if they do.... [fill in the blank].

vfin

Banned Eats Bullets For Breakfast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vfin View Post
    The United States Military KILLED American Students at Kent State when I was a kid during the VietNam War Protests.

I am certain many forum members recall the tragic event.

They, our Government & its Agents, are more than capable & willing to do it again, to send the message they are in power, with ALL the power (or so they think).

Times have changed along with civilian firepower, so I hope our Government doesn't go that route again.

But if they do.... [fill in the blank].

vfin
    Permit me to call you out straight up and state without equivocation that civilian firepower is a joke.....however, the truth is that regular armed forces would never in a lifetime participate in what you are describing...and if you don't believe it you are clueless.

Why there exists an AMMO SHORTAGE...

Quote Originally Posted by Beecher Tool View Post
    Permit me to call you out straight up and state without equivocation that civilian firepower is a joke.....however, the truth is that regular armed forces would never in a lifetime participate in what you are describing...and if you don't believe it you are clueless.
    BS. Civilian firepower has number the military or police don't have. While I agree, I don't think the majority of mil or police in another Kent St, I do believe there is more firepower available than what some may think.

Banned Eats Bullets For Breakfast
    OK....you win...hahahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by Beecher Tool View Post
    You'd probably be surprised what people in the military would do.

OT: Certainly gives you something to think about. Here in the 1st ID, we're scrapping dimes together for lunch money, let alone buying JHP rounds out the arse like this. If there is a plus side to this, it would mean that there should be more contract over runs by the end of the year selling for cheaper than they typically do. Might have another chance to stock up on .40S&W HST or Ranger Bonded at good prices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The Latest and Greatest in TactiCool gear won't save you, but what's wrong with Surviving in Style?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
    I know it breaks down to 6 rounds for every man woman and child in the US. But let's say its 100,000 officers (way way too high). That's 16000 rounds per officer. Who may need 100-200 rounds per year, at most.
    It doesn't pass the sniff test.

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
    Also...why hollow points? We all know hps are not for target practice. They may have to qualify with those types of rounds, but otherwise they would be assigned for storage or deployment. In this case massive storage.

Its true that the O admin is planning on expanding the TSA forces. Someone I know went to TSA training and they were briefed that the new international super highway (Mexico to Chicago?) would be policed by TSA.
    I believe that the radical Dems know they can NOT count on the military to do their bidding (or the Guard), so they plan on using 'other' govt forces that do not have the military tradition of 'duty honor country' and resisting unlawful orders. They are young and they dont learn about lawful vs unlawful orders or have ever heard of the Nurenburg trials, or even of Mai Lai. They will follow govt orders without even thinking deeply about it. If so, they will learn their lesson the hard way, as there are millions of lawful gun-owners with a tradition handed down of respecting the Constitution and the spirit of the Minutemen. God Bless America! But take heart, even the Canadians refused to comply with gun control... LOL
    Vfin thanked this.
    Nuclear deterrence, working since 1945

twitter @Skydogz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links