Give it up for MAGPUL---ATTN COLORADO RESIDENTS

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Give it up for MAGPUL---ATTN COLORADO RESIDENTS

Give it up for MAGPUL---ATTN COLORADO RESIDENTS

ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: Pmags, $15 From Magpul.

Magpul deserves your support and other manufacturers could take a lesson from them.

FN Supporter CAN KILL YOU WITH JUST HIS FINGER
    Absolute class company
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

JFK

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Yea, but they refuse to stand with other manufacturers and stop selling pmags to military / le (Anything the civilians of the same state cannot own)

FN Supporter FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS skunkworks's Avatar
    Yep I ordered some via the airlift.

Stars26: I don't know what you are talking about:

Magpul: No sales to police officers unless they vow to uphold 2nd, 14th amendments -- Mar 4, 2013
    Magpul: No gun magazine sales to cops unless they take oaths

Already threatening to leave Colorado if House Bill 1224 becomes law, Magpul Industries now says it will not sell gun magazines to law enforcement officers unless they pledge to uphold the Second and 14th amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

“Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds,” Magpul president and founder John Fitzpatrick said in a statement on the company’s website. “After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.”

“The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

“With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution – specifically the Second and Fourteenth amendments – as it applies to all citizens.”

Magpul, a gun magazine manufacturer based in Erie, Colo., and employs about 200, has said it will leave Colorado if House Bill 1224 passes. That bill, which has already passed the Democratic-controlled House and is now working its way to the Senate floor, would limit gun magazines to 15 rounds.

John Jackson, police chief in Greenwood Village and chairman of the legislative committee for the Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police, said the move was unwarranted. While the chiefs association supports the legislation, individual officers shouldn’t be targeted, Jackson said.

“Law enforcement is not involved politically, and it’s our opinion that public safety has no partisan line,” Jackson said.

“They (officers) have already taken an oath to follow the constitution,” Jackson said. “There is no reason for them to have to reaffirm that for any individual business or purchase.

“That’s like asking them to reaffirm the First Amendment if they want to go to a movie.”
    Last edited by skunkworks; 03-12-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Love this quote:

John Jackson, police chief in Greenwood Village and chairman of the legislative committee for the Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police, said the move was unwarranted. While the chiefs association supports the legislation, individual officers shouldn’t be targeted, Jackson said.

“Law enforcement is not involved politically, and it’s our opinion that public safety has no partisan line,” Jackson said.

Meaning he is all about making it political when it comes to Citizens right to bear arms, but screams foul when the same standards are applied to his officers.

What I find interesting is most police chiefs which are appointed are for teh ban but most sheriffs which are elected are opposed. Not universally, but it does seem to be the majority.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkworks View Post
    Yep I ordered some via the airlift.

Stars26: I don't know what youa re talking about
    Talking about this:

Magpul Breaks Bad, Continues Sales to LEOs in Ban States | The Truth About Guns

It was posted a few days before yours so not sure which is correct....
    Last edited by Starz26; 03-12-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Placed my order last week, hope to get some goodness soon. Wasn't too greedy either, just bought what I needed.
    ~Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Starz26 View Post
    Yea, but they refuse to stand with other manufacturers and stop selling pmags to military / le (Anything the civilians of the same state cannot own)
    Living in Colorado, I did take Magpul up on their offer - I wish I was not able to take the offer - as in I wish I was in another State, one that was not getting raped by the Democrats and Bloomberg.
    I am not sure which manufacturers have quit selling to the military, it may be simple ignorance on my part.
    I have seen some postings of Magpul putting restrictions on various Cities, Counties and States along with various LE Agencies.
    I think it was said the policy is still being designed. I know in direct sales to individual LE members that they must reafirm their oath to uphold the Constitution.
    At any rate a very good company, that would be an asset to any right thinking State...

Quote Originally Posted by Starz26 View Post
    Talking about this:

Magpul Breaks Bad, Continues Sales to LEOs in Ban States | The Truth About Guns

It was posted a few days before yours so not sure which is correct....
    That story is wrong...

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Type5 View Post
    Living in Colorado, I did take Magpul up on their offer - I wish I was not able to take the offer - as in I wish I was in another State, one that was not getting raped by the Democrats and Bloomberg.
    I am not sure which manufacturers have quite selling to the military, it may be simple ignorance on my part.
    I have seen some postings of Magpul putting restrictions on various Cities, Counties and States along with various LE Agencies.
    I think it was said the policy is still being designed. I know in direct sales to individual LE members that they must reafirm their oath to uphold the Constitution.
    At any rate a very good company, that would be an asset to any right thinking State...
    It all sounds good. Having LE reaffirm their oath means absolutely nothing. It is a black and white issue, either you sell thing to the LE / Military that civis cannot own or you do not.

With that said, I am not holding it against them to bad. Each business has to make their own decisions. The fact that they are selling PMAGS to LE / Military, in the grand scheme of things, will not matter one bit if the SHTF. The LE / Military can seriously do some major damage with or without the pmags.

My main concern is that without some sort of solidarity among the manufacturers, the stand against LE / Military sales will have no meaning and will just be symbolic. We do not need symbolic at this point, we need real action.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links