Put these companies at the top of your list to buy from - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: Put these companies at the top of your list to buy from

Quote Originally Posted by McCrapper View Post
    The citizens will continue to have access to firearms and ammunition, only the LE will be shorted. I respect you as a LEO but you typically don't protect anyone from a crime, only respond to them. When it comes to defeating evil, it has been shown that armed citizens are more than capable against a common street thug. Besides, most LE agencies are pretty stocked up as it is to deal with a basic hostage stand off or traffic stop gone wrong.
    I'm glad you respect us LEO's, but protecting people from crime is our primary responsibility. What you are talking about is re-active policing. IE.. police get a call and respond. Most LE agencies now use pro-active policing. IE... patrolling and looking for crime afoot. Officer presence is a natural crime deterrent. If the LEO's weren't out there on the streets patrolling, I'm sure crime rates would be much higher. Also, In the use of force continuum, Officer presence is first level of force. So as long as they are out on the streets, they are fighting crime.

The solution that needs to happen is co-active policing. the community, and police, working together to "defeat evil."
    Dirty_Harry thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by leigh503 View Post
    I'm glad you respect us LEO's, but protecting people from crime is our primary responsibility.
    Not according to the Supreme Court. The majority of police work in small towns/ municipalities is reactive. Proactive police work borders on profiling in some areas. I agree the police are a crime deterrent but they don't protect from you from a burglar at night or a rapist, if the cop is not present. A armed citizen is the best form of protection.
    CPTdaz and Donnie thanked this.
    Hunters never die... they just go deeper into the woods.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh503 View Post
    The solution that needs to happen is co-active policing. the community, and police, working together to "defeat evil."
    I agree with this. I sometimes feel like im getting scrutinized though when I am around LE. No matter what it is that I may be doing. However, there have been pleny of times when I saw cooler heads and friendly LEs prevail. I used to walk this public trail every day and often times find cotton mouths sunning in the trail. well there are a lot of folks who walk their dogs there. So i would shoot them with a .40 and through them in the bushes. On a particularly snake heavy day (3 of then in a half hour) I met up with an LEO at the the end of the trail. He asked me what I was doing. I told him about the snakes. He said "thank you" he explained how his pet had been bitten by one and how much of a nuisance they are. He asked me how I was doing on ammo. I told him I only had the one magazine with me. He went into his trunk and grabbed a box of ammo. gave me about 10 rounds got into his car and left. I was highly impressed. I will not tell you where this happened or who the man was but you should know that there are some very outstanding human beings wearing LEO uniforms out there. Quite a few. There are bad ones too though.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

True...the presence of LEO's does deter crime. Only that most criminals won't commit a crime in front of a uniformed officer. But, they can't be everywhere all the time. Also...the SCOTUS has ruled on many cases that LEA's have NO constitutional authority to protect ANYONE from 3rd party harm UNLESS they are under direct custody of LEA and are therefore unable to defend themselves.
    It's the LEA's job to investigate crimes, and arrest criminals. Oh...and to generally uphold other laws(That's where the revenue generating comes in).
    Last edited by ervdrvr1; 05-21-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    Happy trails,
    Erv

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” ~Sigmund Freud

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.” ~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Ok alot of the job is reactive meaning police usually arrive after the bad things happen. However I have been involved in many crimes in progress and I have protected people especially women and children. You say that criminals will not continue to commit crime if officer is present, not true at least not in Gary, Indiana. A uniformed officer should be a deterrent and probably most of the time, we are. We were sitting in a vacant lot taking a lunch when two guys appeared and before we could exit our squad, one guy pulled a gun and shot the other guy dead, right in front of a fully marked police car w/ 2 officers inside. Again, this does not happen all the time and police can't be everywhere especially since police across this great nation are outnumbered, we rely on the cooperation of our fellow citizens. So I believe everyone who wants one, should have a gun (PRO 2nd AMENDMENT!!!).
    leigh503 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by McCrapper View Post
    Not according to the Supreme Court. The majority of police work in small towns/ municipalities is reactive. Proactive police work borders on profiling in some areas. I agree the police are a crime deterrent but they don't protect from you from a burglar at night or a rapist, if the cop is not present. A armed citizen is the best form of protection.
    You know McCrapper, you got me there. So often I think of how it is locally, and just project that across the map and think that's how it is everywhere. I know more smaller municipalities are reactive, but being so used to living in a big city, that thought kinda slipped my mind. In more smaller towns and rural areas, the only line of defense is the armed citizen. Which to me is coactive policing.
    McCrapper thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Talhoffer View Post
    That's something the POS anti-gun politicians need to answer, they need to learn their actions have consequences. Twist the arm of the American people and when we get the chance to return the favor we will twist hard enough to beak something.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

The problem is that in certain blue states, they know full well their new regulations won't stop gun violence. And that's their plan. A year, or two, or five from now, the message will be "Even though we have enacted the nations toughest gun laws, gun violence is still prevalent." And that's where outlawing firearms in these areas take place.

I wholeheartedly believe in the not so distant future, we'll see CA, NY, and a few others attempt to ban the private ownership of any and all firearms for citizens. And it'll be done in the name of public safety and welfare.
    17S FDE
    SLR104
    SLR107
    SAM7R

I've been buying a lot of stuff lately and had good experiences with Midwest Gun Works, Apex Gun Parts and J&G Sales.
    17S FDE
    SLR104
    SLR107
    SAM7R

MEW
    I'm sure they all will eventually follow to survive
    Last edited by MEW; 02-09-2014 at 10:02 AM.

I think this is a fantastic response from manufacturers and retailers. If you cut off supply to LEA's you have dealt a blow to government as a whole, free enterprise is very much akin to freedom and liberty, screw with it and you screw with the American dream and so shall you be screwed too. If this continues you can bet the CLEO's in the states affected will be calling their respective political leaders asking for assistance, trouble is their POS leaders can do absolutely nothing other than shrug their wimpy little shoulders and say ooops!
    Sean

~No better way to honor someone's life in passing than to help others live a future~ SMB

God Bless America! Μολὼν λάβε

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links