Typing issues? Have to type slow and can't copy & paste? - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: Typing issues? Have to type slow and can't copy & paste?

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingSight View Post
    I had this issue on another site, just that one site, and finally fixed it by switching to another browser. It turned out that IE was creating a loop with the browser software. Switching to Firefox cured it.

The above recco is not my preferred option. It might work, and cudos for recommending it, but having to manually switch your editing mode is a workaround, it is not a solution. The problem shouldn't be there in the first place.
    I'd observe the same thing is an issue with a lot of online forum/board text editing windows.

Quote Originally Posted by M1P90 View Post
    When you post... click the "switch editor to source mode" button. The very first button that has the small black "A" and the big blue "A".
    I was having the same problem and found this works. You will also be able to copy and paste and use the smiley buttons.
    Ah, that did it! Another satisfied customer..............

But will it remember from session to session? I guess I'll find out...
    "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is
    what we do." - Joss Whedon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"Send Lawyers, Guns, & Money!" - Warren Zevon

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Nope. You have to click on it every time you post something. I just got used to it.
    SONYtec thanked this.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jhs27275 View Post
    Use the trick in the post that is two up from yours and it will work properly all the time.

I agree, but why is it that way??? Why do you have to turn off a formatting button to not lag in a typing response time?

And as for switching to Google Chrome that was suggested by someone previously - please do homework on How it's tracking and recording sooo many things about everything you do in the internet. Not that it is tracking your surfing because that's a given, but HOW it's doing it! Can you say read the crazy long fine print that you are agreeing with when signing onto Google Chrome? No Thank You - You cannot have access to my hard drive and its files!
    "Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise." (Col 3:16)

I've experienced this here and ACRforum, but on and off. It could be the forum software than the choice of browser.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

I had a similar issue on the SIG Arms forum a while back. Turned out it was a compatibility issue between IE and the forum software, so every time you typed a letter it created a little infinite loop. Mover to Firefox and problem was solved.
    Art Neergaard
    ShootingSight LLC
    Offering the only adjustable 2-stage SCAR trigger

513-702-4879

IE 8 doesn't have this issue.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 Obama leaves.

Thank you the switch to source mode worked.

No setting or add-on, in IE 11 to change, to fix this pemanently???

Maybe four nine's can see what's up with this issue.
    Last edited by SONYtec; 11-21-2014 at 10:24 PM.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 Obama leaves.

Agreed, mine has been terrible, the A/A trick helped a lot with posting but to scroll the page is crazy slow and God forbid I use spell check or it's done. This started what 2 weeks ago when the sight did some changes, must be something to do with that, I think, but I'm a PC hack and not the smart kind !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links