Typing issues? Have to type slow and can't copy & paste? - Page 5

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: Typing issues? Have to type slow and can't copy & paste?

Quote Originally Posted by stumblebum View Post
    But... But... Chrome is SHINY. (And besides, was already on my computer. Too lazy to download another browser at the time.)
    LOL!!!

If you remove google chrome on a windows platform, the default is Internet Explorer.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SONYtec View Post
    http://fnforum.net/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

Let me know if this link doesn't work for you.

Under "Miscellaneous Options," you'll see "Message Editor Interface."

I selected "Standard Editor," so I could still have the old functions in the editor.

Took care of this issue of having to click the a/A button every time you post.
    I am on IE11 and this worked for me. Thanks!!

So the root cause of the problem is not the browser but the WYSIWYG interface used in the forum software. Good to know.
    SONYtec thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualWatts View Post
    Hmmm, stop using the most prolific browser tool in the world (58% market share at EOY 2014) to use the distant second (Chrome 18%) or also ran third (Firefox 16%)? Just because a forum tool is not compliant? That's like have a non-standard, out of spec bolt in your AR and you replace not only the BCG but the entire rifle because the bolt is out of compliance. No thanks.
    Been down the "message editor interface" settings path before with IE11 in this instance. Still no joy. Probably some combination of security software/IE 11 head-butting issues with my particular set up. I doubt seriously I'm alone in this regard - and so added my solution to the problem to help reduce the frustration of others should they find it. Didn't stop using IE generally - just with this forum. Having multiple browsers available seems to solve a lot of non-compliance issues with different sites - so hey, why not, eh?

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

I selected "Standard Editor," so I could still have the old functions in the editor.

Thank you! After almost two years I finally got fed up enough to get this resolved and it only took 5 minutes on this forum.
    SONYtec thanked this.

Your welcome. It took me a while before I looked into it. Was great to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by krider24 View Post
    Thank you! After almost two years I finally got fed up enough to get this resolved and it only took 5 minutes on this forum.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links