Another case of attempted robbery while open carry at Wally-World!

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree54Thanks

Thread: Another case of attempted robbery while open carry at Wally-World!

Thumbs up Another case of attempted robbery while open carry at Wally-World!

As often said Open Carry is dangerous to the person doing so!Bearing ArmsFelon Attacks Open Carrier for His Weapon In Washington Walmart - Bearing Arms Currently a dozen cars with gun related sticker have been broken in to a town next to mine and 16 weapons stolen!

Thoughts on this? I think some People (Fools) just ask for trouble, like the old saying "A Fool and his Gun are soon Parted"!
    Big Muddy, lordofwar and BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Here lies Lester Moore. Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Your post is a bit on the harsh side, but I agree. Open carry is foolish and most people doing it are just trying to be cool, same with the stickers.
    SAVAGEJIM thanked this.
    FN SCAR 17s, with tacticool stuff

I regularly open carry. Easier and more practical than trying to conceal what I prefer to carry. As for the case in point, the fool is the guy who tried, and failed, to take the OC'er's gun. He attacked from the side or behind, with a bat, and failed to do much of anything. He's lucky he wasn't shot. Part of me wishes he had been, so that people that hear this story would think twice before making similar mistakes.
    Spilz, Dizzy82, SAVAGEJIM and 5 others thanked this.

The Latest and Greatest in TactiCool gear won't save you, but what's wrong with Surviving in Style?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
    The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
    Plural opinions don't equate to truth.

I throw sub-MOA rocks.

Stop relying on others to do the work for you. Challenge the brainwashed.
    Shoot more, worry less.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I just so happen to be one of the Idiots with gun stickers all over his car. Guess what? Two years and not a cross look. As matter of fact I had hundreds of compliments and thanks for openly supporting the cause. Calling people idiots because they are proud gun owmers is ignorant. I also open carried when I lived in Virginia. Kept my head on a swivel and didn't have an issue. Basically to me it sounds that someone likes to do things differently then you so you are for lack of a better word hating on them.

More have enough of that from the lefties we don't need that here. Is a cop an idiot for open carrying?

BTW I am certainly not alone. You might want to think long and hard before you call a certain type of gun owner a fool because you are insulting untold amounts of people openly.
    Last edited by KameronTKelly; 04-17-2015 at 01:25 AM.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

All I am saying if 1 Open Carries and is in a Bank, Restaurant or any other place and someone has nefarious intentions or wants a new gun guess who is the 1st Victim! Just like its a bad idea to wear clothing or hats with Gun Logos!

I do open carry while hunting & Fishing and that's it, always best not to attract attention!
    Kakashi66218 and SAVAGEJIM thanked this.

Here lies Lester Moore. Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    That at most certainly is not all you were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by vz58kid View Post
    "A Fool and his Gun are soon Parted"!
    implying that anyone who open carries or advertises the fact that they are a gun owner is a fool. That's a piss poor attitude in my opinion. If you are carrying you have to be 100% aware of your surroundings at all times and you will be fine. A ninja isn't going to sneak up behind you and snatch your pistol without you knowing it at any second. The point I am trying to get across to you is live and let live. If someone chooses not to be a closet gun owner and openly/publicly supports the cause with pro 2A stickers are T shirts it doesn't make them a fool. Gun owners shouldn't have to act like paranoid outcasts and hide the fact that they are pro 2A for fear of being victimized or talked down on by fellow gun owners. You do you and let them or us do us. Don't like open carrying or pro 2A stickers or shirts? Don't do it and don't wear it. Simple as that.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

Part of the responsibility of open carriers is to maintain situational awarness. Try to keep yourself in a position where your firearm can't be taken from you and use a holster that has a retainer. I feel that if more people open carried criminals would think twice about "breaking the law".
    SCAR 17S FDE
    FS2000 OD Tactical
    FiveseveN IOM
    Desert Eagle MKI .357Mag
    DWM P08 Luger
    Beretta 21A
    SPAS-12

Open carry, on the premise of self-defense, is stupid!

You draw attention to yourself and we all have a blind spot. The criminal element has the distinct advantage in determining when, where, and how their attack will be conducted.

Blend in. Do not draw attention to yourself. Drawing attention to your weapon defeats the purpose.

When you carry a firearm you are also carrying a heavy burden of responsibility. When you do so you are implying you will use lethal force in defending the lives of yourself or those around you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we are going to change our society for the better we have to positively change public opinion.

Let’s face it
    the act of openly carrying weapons is not the way to get people who are already afraid of guns to accept the rights protected by the 2nd Amendment.

People who live their lives in fear(pro-gun control) don’t like to be face to face with that fear and they tend to over react with anger rather than acceptance.

For those of us who grew up with weapons in our homes and understand that a rifle or a pistol is nothing more than a tool, the Left’s fear of those tools is completely perplexing.

I'm probably, comparing apples to oranges here but walking into a Walmart with an AR-15 slung across your chest wearing a Molon Labe t-shirt is not the way to get people comfortable with the sight of firearms.

All it’s going to do is freak them out.

We must approach this subject with open hands and intelligent discourse or all will be lost.

Last edited by USGILT; 04-17-2015 at 12:30 PM.
    vz58kid thanked this.
    -- MAJ U.S. ARMY (RA) --

Nobody's really wrong here about the thought behind carrying open or concealed.

You're villain-ized in certain parts of this country for even thinking guns are cool, but yet in the same place a family of 4 (with the same idealogy) watch a good guy clerk saves his girlfriend on the big screen and its okay.Some parts of the country it's expected like biscuits and gravy, and whiskey for supper. Some gun-owners, tho even locally think that open carry will bring out the people that do it for show. Those people want to belong to a cause, may bring bad rapport to otherwise great individuals, and troll the neighbors that don't like guns. That's what those individuals fear. It takes one to mess up the whole. Wife is terrified of earthworms, so handing her even one would cause a very bad reaction, and the couch for me.

Tact
    ... I think theres a place and time for people to ____(insert any adverb and verb)______. Im no scholar, Im not the smartest person here. I do not wish to insult anyones intellegence.

I think that if you can rock a Duct Tape morale patch in a neighborhood Walmart and get smiles while checking out in line, it's okay to rock that. Although I would hesitate to carry the same bag and patch into a Cali, Colo, Mass, NYC, etc, not because Im a p***y. But because it's a battle I don't have to fight, that I by default win everytime. I like to keep drama in my life to a minimum. If any state had an incident that I was involved in, that could have been resolved when I could have been carrying, I would pro'lly go infront of their state legislature with and like this:

The individuals of the state have elected politicians: to incorporate new, rebuke, and protect the laws established by earlier politicians. It's their state they wrecked it, they answer to the fodder at ballet time, if you chose to believe that. I as a individual cannot chose to change their thoughts. They'll suffer by the hands of those they elected with out my help. So in this case my families safety is paramount, I have no intentions of going John McClane on anyone unless there is no other alternative. Too many laws protecting individuals during commencement of crimes in many states, so I don't even want keep up with the laws in other states, so I'd likely be a wallflower in whatever that state is.

Note: SOME of these individuals committing crimes MAY be more trained in violence than you are ready for.
    SAVAGEJIM and USGILT thanked this.
    It's not the things I did that keep me up at night.. it's the things I didn't do, but could have done, that's what has me losing sleep. - Me

I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you for your service.
    Joshua 24:15

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links