If You Could Only Have 5 Guns - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree161Thanks

Thread: If You Could Only Have 5 Guns

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I actually already have my five (yes I know there are six in the pic, give me a second to explain):

Here's the list (and a couple changes I would make):

1) HK imported Benelli M3-
    No changes, I love the shotgun. Now, if I had cash to burn, I'd consider a decked out M4.
    2) PS90 SBR (Aimpoint T-1, Urban ERT sling, FSE charging handles, Streamlight TLR-1s)-No changes, I have it exactly how I like it.
    3) SCAR 17 SBR (Tango Down stubby VG, TD Grip, Magpul selectors, LaRue index clips, Geissele trigger, InForce WML, Aimpoint Pro w/Aimpoint 3x Magnifier) I would/will get a better optics solution someday. For now, I'm broke and indecisive. Plus it really needs a suppressor.
    4) SCAR 16 SBR (Tango Down stubby VG, TD Grip, Magpul selectors, LaRue index clips, Geissele trigger, InForce WML, Trijicon RMR w/AMD mount...also have a ACOG TA31) Someday I'll swap the RMR for a T2. Also needs a suppressor
    5) Sig P226 MK25 (w/Octane 9 & Streamlight TLR1-HL) No changes, love the pistol as configured.

and

5.5) CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 (w/Octane 45 & 9mm endcap) I know it's supposed to be just a list of five, but this is a real contender to bump the PS90. The stamp is pending, so I'll know for sure when I can get a stock on it. It's cheaper to feed...and even as an awkward to hold pistol, really holds its own.

Now I could honestly stretch this list out a bit. But since I already bent the rules I end it here.
    Last edited by akitainu; 07-26-2015 at 08:48 PM. Reason: added info
    00stormbringer, Kev, Hoax001 and 9 others thanked this.
    “No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it up to forced consciousness expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.” ― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

#1 Sig P220 (.45, streamlight TLR-3)
    #2 Remington 870 (12ga, tritium Big Dot, streamlight HL)
    #3 HK USC (.45, streamlight TLR-1, Aimpoint M2, converted to UMP lower)
    #4 HK SL8 (5.56, QD Zeiss reflex, converted to G36 lower, AR magwell, *)
    #5 FNH PBR (.308, Atlas bipod, *)

* Also, Hensoldt 4-16x, and Litton Mk845 Gen 2 NV on QD mounts interchangable to both #4 and #5
    ** As I own all of the above already, I'd would add a 640x480 thermal sight (IR Hunter mkII), and switch out #5 for a Barret M95.

To keep it interesting, what if I had to actually carry the stuff? Cut it down to 3 guns: #1, #3 (chop the barrel, remove the stock), and #4.
    Kakashi66218 thanked this.
    SAI M1A SOCOM
    H&K SL8 w/ AR mag conversion, H&K USC w/ grease gun mag conversion
    FNH FS2000, FNH PBR w/ Hensoldt ZF 4-16x56, FNH SLP
    Remington 870

Quote Originally Posted by tabbed783 View Post
    Mine:
    1. FNX-45 Tactical FDE (suppressor, Trijicon RMR, ILWLP)
    2. Remington VersaMax Tactical (Mesa Tactical Urbino Pistol Grip with Riser, EOTech, white light with laser)
    3. SCAR 17 FDE (Trijion TA11e, ATPIL)
    4. Barrett M107
    5. M249 SAW
    You can buy a SAW at your local gun store?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Yep m249s...

I'll make my list with a SHTF flavor
    1 Glock 19. Zero aftermarket crap. Boring reliability with tons of parts available. Octane HD 9 available
    2 Ruger 10-22. Simple 4x scope. Carry thousands of rounds with you
    3 Benelli M4. Mag extension.
    4 KAC SR15 or other high end DI AR. Proven reliability. Spare parts everywhere. Topped with an Aimpoint M4s. 80,000 hours from a power source found in every TV remote in America. Surefire Socom MG, Geiselle SD3G
    5 Scar 17. ACOG TA-11. Geissele trigger

Runner ups; Scar 16 with Aimpoint M4s, Tavor with M4s, Mossberg 590A1

Sako 75 in 300 Ultra Mag with NF 2.5-10 NXS
    SCAR 17 with NF 2.5-10 NXS for range and Trijicon TriPower for close
    Freedom Arms 83 Premier in 454 Casul
    Sig Sauer P227 Tactical
    High Standard S101

Suppressors: Specwar 7.62, Octane 45, Spectre II

Both rifles the same calibre for reloading commonality, the same for the pistols.
    Kakashi66218, sickness and Gers4Lyfe thanked this.

Alright, here's my go:

1. FN SCAR 16S CQC/SBR---EOTech, BCM Gunfighter vertical grip, MagPul K grip, ACR stock, Inforce WML.
    Primary Purpose: Home Defense Carbine
    Light weight, accurate, parts commonality with SCAR 17S (see below), common ammo and magazines, great for home defense with proper ammo, can be used for hunting, fun to shoot.
    2. FN SCAR 17S-- Trijicon VCOG,KDG MREX, MLOK vertical grip, Inforce WMLX, BCM Gunfighter grip
    Primary Purpose: General purpose carbine, hunting rifle
    Light weight, very accurate, parts commonality with the SCAR 16S (see above), relatively common ammo. Excellent hunting rifle, durability and power of a battle rifle, perfect combination for SHTF.
    3. FNX 45--Night sights, Streamlight TLR-1 HL
    Primary Purpose: Home defense pistol, tactical pistol/sidearm
    High capacity, high powered pistol for home defense or as a side arm in a tactical/SHTF situation where concealment is not required or recommended.
    4. SIG Sauer P226R (.40 S&W)--Night sights, Steamlight TLR-1 HL
    Primary Purpose: Concealed/Open Carry Handgun
    Primary carry weapon. Moderate capacity, low recoil, functions well if pressed into "tactical" rolls, but able to be concealed with a reputation for reliability.
    5. IWI Tavor (FDE, 16" barrel)-- EOTech, Geissele trigger, Inforce WLM
    Primary Purpose: "Truck gun", 5.56 back up carbine
    High quality bullpup. 16" barrel in compact package, good for vehicle use/storage. Common ammo and mags, with the possibility of a .300 BLK conversion kit being available in the future.

Wish I could have fit a quality 1911 in there, but I ran out of options, and I do like the idea of a "truck gun" in addition to the other things I listed. Oh, well.
    Kev, Hoax001, KameronTKelly and 5 others thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The Latest and Greatest in TactiCool gear won't save you, but what's wrong with Surviving in Style?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

#1 Scar 17 - I shoot it like a 5.56, I disagree with barrel being too thin. It's no thinner than M1a or G3. NATO round with enough authority. Topped with TA11 Acog and Trijicon RMR, or Leupold Mark 8 and RMR.

#2 LWRC M6IC - Nice barrel, piston operated, most parts compatible, NATO round, Acog and RMR.

#3 Scar 16 - Parts compatible with Scar 17,light weight, and reliable. Topped with red dot.

#4 FNS .40 long slide - Shoots almost as soft as a 9mm, and most ammo even on the low end equals 9mm best.

#5 Sig P320 9mm - Compact grip on full length barrel. 9mm is NATO round and availability. Good for conceal carry.

Would like to include Vepr 12 gauge shotgun, as it shoots wide variety of loads, but in SHTF, the above 5 weapons would make me capable of attaining it ha ! Thaaaaaaat's right I said it ! lol
    Last edited by Canyon Man; 07-22-2015 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaflowers View Post
    Freedom Arms 83 Premier in 454 Casul
    Points for style. I struggled with the idea of a single-action big boy in my list too.
    SAI M1A SOCOM
    H&K SL8 w/ AR mag conversion, H&K USC w/ grease gun mag conversion
    FNH FS2000, FNH PBR w/ Hensoldt ZF 4-16x56, FNH SLP
    Remington 870

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleP90SBR View Post
    A well set up 300 blackout SBR gives you a lethal abiilty out to 250 yards with good ammo. It also gives you the ability to hunt deer size game. Penetration is superior to 5.56 and the short barrel keeps it small. SDN6 gives you Hollywood quiet level of noise suppression with subs and good noise reduction with supers... Good SHTF flexibility.
    Completely agree on the 300 blackout. I would have put on my list too if not for the availability issue. If IWI ever comes out with a Tavor 300 blackout conversion kit, I'll be first in line.
    Last edited by Hoax001; 07-23-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links