Okay, just for fun.. If you could only own 5 guns what would they be?
1. List guns (with caliber and accessories in parenthesis) from shortest range to longest range
2. Since these are your only guns, try to cover the greatest range of situations
3. Since these are your only guns, battle proven reliability and ammo availability counts
3. These are guns you can actually buy at your gun store
4. Conclude by justifying your choices
The post with the most "thanks" will be put into a poll and we'll all vote on the best list!
1. Sig Sauer P226 MK25 (9mm with threaded barrel, Streamlight TLR-1 light and suppressor)
2. Mossberg 590A1 Tactical Shotgun (12 ga with sidesaddle shell holder, Streamlight TLR-1 light and sling)
3. Tavor (5.56 with Geissele trigger pack, Eotech red dot and magnifier, magpul foregrip, 9mm conversion kit and suppressor)
4. FN Scar 17s (.308 with Eclan Spector DR, Atlas bipod, foregrip, QD IR laser, , Geissele trigger, supressor, PMM QD mounts etc.)
5. Accuracy International PSR Multi caliber sniper rifle (.308, .300 wm. and Lapua with Schmidt and Bender scope, Thunder beast supressor, QD FLIR thermal imaging)
All my choices were based on battle proven reliability. Starting with the Sig, there are a million choices out there for a handgun, the debate will never end. But, this is the one the SEALS go with... enough said. A shotgun is very practical for both home defense and hunting. The Mossberg covers all the bases. The Tavor is very compact, versatile and very reliable. It can be used in 5.56 and 9mm which are both very good and available rounds. Plus, the Sig is 9mm. The Scar17.. well you get it. The AA PSR can be converted to 3 prime long range calibers .308 (which works with the Scar17), .300 WM and Lapua) for long range. Ultimately, the ammo is what hits the target. My list offers 9mm. 5.56, 12 ga, .308, .300 wm and .338 Lapua. These five choices cover a lot of ground, but most importantly, they will go bang when you want them to and are built to last.