FingerPrints + Photo's for Trustee's No CLEO Signoff

FN Forum

Google Search
    Sponsor
    FN Supporter

FingerPrints + Photo's for Trustee's No CLEO Signoff

FingerPrints + Photo's for Trustee's
    No CLEO Signoff

The Department of Justice is amending the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regarding the making or transferring of a firearm under the National Firearms Act (NF A). This final rule defines the term "responsible person," as used in reference to a trust, partnership, association, company, or corporation; requires responsible persons of such trusts or legal entities to complete a specified form and to submit photographs and fingerprints when the trust or legal entity files an application to make an NF A firearm or is listed as the transferee on an application to transfer an NF A firearm; requires that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm, and the specified form for responsible persons, as applicable, be forwarded to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the applicant/transferee or responsible person is located; and eliminates the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO. These provisions provide a public safety benefit as they ensure that responsible persons undergo background checks. In addition, this final rule adds a new section to ATF' s regulations to address the possession and transfer of firearms registered to a decedent. The new section clarifies that the executor, administrator, personal representative, or other person authorized under State law to dispose of property in an estate may possess a firearm registered to a decedent during the term of probate without such possession being treated as a ''transfer" under the NF A. It also specifies that the transfer of the firearm to any beneficiary of the estate may be made on a tax-exempt basis.
    Eric Pierce USN
    A Gun For You

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FFL01, SOT class 3
    LEO/MIL Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    When does this go into effect

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    180 days from last Monday
    Eric Pierce USN
    A Gun For You

FFL01, SOT class 3
    LEO/MIL Dealer

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

What about people who already have an NFA trust? Do they have to do anything?

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Currently nothing for current Trust users.....BUT in 180 days they will have to submit fingerprints & photos on any new items going into the trust.
    - Mike -

Benefactor Life Member

Life Member

Ambassador Life Member
    FN Gear
    Scar 17s FDE
    FNX-45 Tactical FDE (Twins)
    FNX-45 Blk
    FiveSeveN FDE
    My Oath to defend our nation against all enemies... was and is still an oath for me.

.....and now the flood gates to the ATF will open.

I am currently starting the process. I actually have a meeting with my lawyer this weekend. Lucky for me, I started this knowing what we want. Now to acquire our suppressors and SBR my PS90!!!

Sponsored Links