Smith & Wesson's New Bodyguard .38 with Insight Laser

FN Forum

Smith & Wesson's New Bodyguard .38 with Insight Laser

Here is a very handy concealed carry weapon or back up gun -- the new Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .38 with integrated Insight Technologies laser. The laser also has an intermittent strobe feature. The pistol can handle +P loads, and has a five shot cylinder. Very lightweight, and it comes in the carrying case, which when closed looks just like a book or Daytimer calendar.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    sweet!! Does it take +p ? I have been looking at the airweight models recently but haven't taken the plunge yet.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

Re: Smith & Wesson's New Bodyguard .38 with Insight Lase

[quote="Clyde"]Here is a very handy concealed carry weapon or back up gun -- the new Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .38 with integrated Insight Technologies laser. The laser also has an intermittent strobe feature. The pistol can handle +P loads, and has a five shot cylinder. Very lightweight, and it comes in the carrying case, which when closed looks just like a book or Daytimer calendar.

That would be a yes. And looks like Ruger has some competition for there LCR.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ever since I went to the vet everything has been loud as f#ck.

Number 1 qualification on resume "Able to piss people off" and have ship load of references to prove it, But they all hate me!

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    I missed that. Thanks. I usually like my wheel guns in SS or Titanium color, but this looks pretty sweet and covert
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    I like it.

I also like the idea of the laser being situated closer to the bore centerline.

What kind of $$$ does that model fetch?
    (Real world, not MSRP)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

AUTHORIZED FN LE/Mil DISTRIBUTOR

07/02 SOT FIREARM MANUFACTURER

Law Enforcement / Military / Commercial Sales

O: 815-977-5167

Accepting All Major Credit Cards

Like us on Facebook for your chance to win cool stuff!

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

Dealer wanted $499, but I paid $450. Most places list them for $499.

It is very light. I bought a Blackhawk Size 0 nylon ankle holster, with a snap retention strap, and it fits like it was made for it. So light you hardly even notice it when walking.

Stealthy little snubby. The laser really comes in handy in low light, or if you end up on the ground in a fight and cannot line up the sights before you need to pull the trigger....

I have shown it to lots of people who don't own guns -- it is fun to watch their face light up when you turn on the laser and let them point the gun.

Don't tell Ick, but the ladies really like it, too...they think it is sexy, yeah.

Smith & Wesson does it again...they are going to sell a lot of these.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    For less than 5 beans, that's a very good deal. How's the Insight laser ranked - in general? I don't know much about the company, or the QC. Good, average, or hit and miss?

AUTHORIZED FN LE/Mil DISTRIBUTOR

07/02 SOT FIREARM MANUFACTURER

Law Enforcement / Military / Commercial Sales

O: 815-977-5167

Accepting All Major Credit Cards

Like us on Facebook for your chance to win cool stuff!

They are excellent. They make a lot of optics for the military, especially on the infrared and night vision side. Tactical weaponlights are some of the best made. I would put them right in with Surefire and Streamlight, actually.

Linky if you wish to read more:

http://www.insighttechnology.com/home.html

Well, I bought another one of these. The price was too good to pass up -- $384.

You may want to keep an eye out - Smith & Wesson just lowered their prices on these, and a few other guns....

I wanted another one because these are so easy to carry, and because nothing beats a New York reload in a carry gun!
    Amat victoria curam

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one most capable of adapting to change.

-- Charles Darwin, and what he actually wrote about species evolution

Links