HK45 vs. FNP 45

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK45 vs. FNP 45

HK45 vs. FNP 45

I very torn between the two, HK 45 and FNP 45.
    A big maybe on the SpringField XD in 45 (doubtful)

ive had about 25rds out of each and cant decide

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    I don't have an Fnp, but I do have 2 HKs, Hk 45 USP tactical and USP 40 Expert. They are built like a frickin tank, accuracy is damn amazing and they look pretty cool. Now the down side... They weigh a frickin ton!! Seriously, I have no idea how the Special Forces carried these. Compared to my FivesevN, It is night and day. Mags are frickin expensive also, $50ish($18 for promag). Take down is fairly simple pull the slide pin and the barrel slides off.

You can snag a Leo trade in HK Usp 40cal right now for around $415. Other than those, I did notice they keep their value a little better than a ot of other pistols. USP 45cal can be had around $550 all day long(used) on GB.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

If I'm not mistaken the FNP line is being discontinued. People that have them either love them or hate them. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I like the FNP better myself, but why buy it now if it's being discontinued in the near future? SIG P220 Combat would be my personal choice for a threaded barrel "tactical" .45.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Aren't they being replaced by the FNX line?
    http://www.fnhusa.com/le/fnx.asp
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

ur kidding me....

if the 5.7mm ammo wasnt so monopolized and was readily available id already have a FN57

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    You can find 5.7 ammo all over the place and pretty cheap in comparison with other "rifle" ammo. Granted walmarts doesn't carry it, but I mail order most my ammo anyways. It is still a specialty round, but look at the prices of other specialty pistol rounds, 45gap, 357sig, even 45 cals are running $15 ish a box. I think most mine averages out to be around $17 a box of 50. I also like the fact that it is only mass produced by 1 manufacturer. Good quality control and consistency. Maybe with time, another MFG will jump in and make some cheap stuff.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

Quote Originally Posted by BenMara
    ur kidding me....

if the 5.7mm ammo wasnt so monopolized and was readily available id already have a FN57
    Five-seveN ammo is cheaper than all but the most expensive JHP 9mm self defense ammo around here.

*But in response to your question, I have only held each and so can only say that the HK feels heavier. Also FN is only phasing out the 9/40 FNP the 45 FNP is staying the same. The FNX just makes the 9/40 FNP more similar to the FNP 45.
    PSA Ar-15, Remington 870, S&W M&P 9, Ruger 22/45

Before i started researching the 45 handguns, i fell in love with the FN 57.
    I still havent shot a 57, but the comment a reviewer still sticks in my mind till today. "... has more recoil than a 22wmr,..... less then a .380..."

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Depends on the .380 you shoot
    A Sig P232 - about the same, a NAA or sub frame poly .380, - yes less....

Senior Member DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, WELL DO YA PUNK? raggededge's Avatar
    This would be the first I'm hearing anything about the discontinuation of the FNP-45. I don't believe that there is any intent to do so. After all, many of the features of the FNX line came straight from the FNP-45. The FNP-45 is more like an FNX than the non-.45 caliber FNPs.

As for my preference, FN all the way. It fits my hand better, and I don't really like the regard in which HK holds their customers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links