FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Thanks Tree11Thanks

Thread: Why??

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaintles View Post
    One of the other valid arguements for Striker fired pistols is consistancy of trigger pull. DA Hammer guns have 2 different trigger pulls to train for, Striker fired pistols always have the same trigger pull (which usually sucks )..............................dj
    I shoot in competitions with a DA/SA HK USP 9 with the safety ON and do just fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I have also been competing in IDPA for a number of years with and I think the whole two diffrerant trigger pulls argument is somewhat over blown. when shooting in real action, as opposed to straight range time, I just don't think a longer first trigger pull is a factor in anything.
    HK USP 9 compact
    Browning Hi Power "Roscoe"
    FNP-9
    Glock 19 "Lucky"
    M&P15
    Remington 870
    1 Beautiful wife "Beautiful Wife"
    3 Kids "1 of 3" 2 of 3" and "3 of 3"
    4 Dogs "the morading hoard"

Quote Originally Posted by landlubber View Post
    I have also been competing in IDPA for a number of years with and I think the whole two diffrerant trigger pulls argument is somewhat over blown. when shooting in real action, as opposed to straight range time, I just don't think a longer first trigger pull is a factor in anything.
    Jeff Cooper and others rather disagreed with you on this.

IMHO 2 trigger pulls are certainly something that can be managed but that it does require more training. I've shot with some law-enforcement types that are superb marksmen but I don't think that that's the norm. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the average officer shoots as much as we enthusiasts do and needing extra training is something to consider budget and timewise........................dj
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright moron."

--- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    A short version of the history of reasoning for Glock type handguns with my large agency was as follows back in the early 80s. We were evaluating the four main semi autos available at the time. Beretta, Sig, S&W and Glock. We ended up with the Glock because we were transitioning over 2000 sworn officers from wheel guns to Semi Autos. Our training staff felt that adding a decocking procedure to our training needlessly complicated the transitional training. In LE we had to constantly train against and worry about sympathetic trigger pulls while subduing or grabbing a suspect while the weapon was drawn. Glock's double action trigger reduced this problem somewhat. This feature also eliminated two different trigger pulls.

Please remember that this is a short version of a report that contained several pages of information regarding the comparative merits of the evaluated weapons.
    Last edited by GULL; 01-29-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    djpaintles thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaintles View Post
    Jeff Cooper and others rather disagreed with you on this.

IMHO 2 trigger pulls are certainly something that can be managed but that it does require more training. I've shot with some law-enforcement types that are superb marksmen but I don't think that that's the norm. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the average officer shoots as much as we enthusiasts do and needing extra training is something to consider budget and timewise........................dj
    I came in 1st place in the handgun division in 3-gun yesterday beating out other shooters in the ESP and CDP class, I shoot SSP. And yes an HK DA/SA beat out an "enhanced" Glock and other "enhanced" handguns.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Furyataurus View Post
    I came in 1st place in the handgun division in 3-gun yesterday beating out other shooters in the ESP and CDP class, I shoot SSP. And yes an HK DA/SA beat out an "enhanced" Glock and other "enhanced" handguns.
    Gotta love those HK's.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Good Job on your win! It's the shooter not the gun.
    HK USP 9 compact
    Browning Hi Power "Roscoe"
    FNP-9
    Glock 19 "Lucky"
    M&P15
    Remington 870
    1 Beautiful wife "Beautiful Wife"
    3 Kids "1 of 3" 2 of 3" and "3 of 3"
    4 Dogs "the morading hoard"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links