Why?? - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
Thanks Tree11Thanks

Thread: Why??

  1. #21
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Furyataurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Helotes, TX
    Posts
    4,057
    Thanked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaintles View Post
    One of the other valid arguements for Striker fired pistols is consistancy of trigger pull. DA Hammer guns have 2 different trigger pulls to train for, Striker fired pistols always have the same trigger pull (which usually sucks )..............................dj
    I shoot in competitions with a DA/SA HK USP 9 with the safety ON and do just fine.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


  2. #22
    Senior Member landlubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    108
    Thanked
    3 times
    I have also been competing in IDPA for a number of years with and I think the whole two diffrerant trigger pulls argument is somewhat over blown. when shooting in real action, as opposed to straight range time, I just don't think a longer first trigger pull is a factor in anything.
    HK USP 9 compact
    Browning Hi Power "Roscoe"
    FNP-9
    Glock 19 "Lucky"
    M&P15
    Remington 870
    1 Beautiful wife "Beautiful Wife"
    3 Kids "1 of 3" 2 of 3" and "3 of 3"
    4 Dogs "the morading hoard"

  3. #23
    Senior Member djpaintles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,094
    Thanked
    294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by landlubber View Post
    I have also been competing in IDPA for a number of years with and I think the whole two diffrerant trigger pulls argument is somewhat over blown. when shooting in real action, as opposed to straight range time, I just don't think a longer first trigger pull is a factor in anything.
    Jeff Cooper and others rather disagreed with you on this.

    IMHO 2 trigger pulls are certainly something that can be managed but that it does require more training. I've shot with some law-enforcement types that are superb marksmen but I don't think that that's the norm. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the average officer shoots as much as we enthusiasts do and needing extra training is something to consider budget and timewise........................dj
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright moron."


    --- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Senior Member
    FN Supporter
    GULL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NW AR
    Posts
    1,690
    Thanked
    243 times
    A short version of the history of reasoning for Glock type handguns with my large agency was as follows back in the early 80s. We were evaluating the four main semi autos available at the time. Beretta, Sig, S&W and Glock. We ended up with the Glock because we were transitioning over 2000 sworn officers from wheel guns to Semi Autos. Our training staff felt that adding a decocking procedure to our training needlessly complicated the transitional training. In LE we had to constantly train against and worry about sympathetic trigger pulls while subduing or grabbing a suspect while the weapon was drawn. Glock's double action trigger reduced this problem somewhat. This feature also eliminated two different trigger pulls.

    Please remember that this is a short version of a report that contained several pages of information regarding the comparative merits of the evaluated weapons.
    Last edited by GULL; 01-29-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    djpaintles thanked this.

  6. #25
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Furyataurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Helotes, TX
    Posts
    4,057
    Thanked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaintles View Post
    Jeff Cooper and others rather disagreed with you on this.

    IMHO 2 trigger pulls are certainly something that can be managed but that it does require more training. I've shot with some law-enforcement types that are superb marksmen but I don't think that that's the norm. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the average officer shoots as much as we enthusiasts do and needing extra training is something to consider budget and timewise........................dj
    I came in 1st place in the handgun division in 3-gun yesterday beating out other shooters in the ESP and CDP class, I shoot SSP. And yes an HK DA/SA beat out an "enhanced" Glock and other "enhanced" handguns.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

  7. #26
    Administrator
    FN Supporter
    HK SD9 Tactical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,129
    Thanked
    5937 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Furyataurus View Post
    I came in 1st place in the handgun division in 3-gun yesterday beating out other shooters in the ESP and CDP class, I shoot SSP. And yes an HK DA/SA beat out an "enhanced" Glock and other "enhanced" handguns.
    Gotta love those HK's.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

  8. #27
    Senior Member landlubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    108
    Thanked
    3 times
    Good Job on your win! It's the shooter not the gun.
    HK USP 9 compact
    Browning Hi Power "Roscoe"
    FNP-9
    Glock 19 "Lucky"
    M&P15
    Remington 870
    1 Beautiful wife "Beautiful Wife"
    3 Kids "1 of 3" 2 of 3" and "3 of 3"
    4 Dogs "the morading hoard"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

can anyone carry the fn handgun
,
fn handguns striker fired
,
morading hoard
,
stmpathetitriggerpull
,
sympathetic trigger oull
,

sympathetic trigger pull

,
what is sympathetic trigger pull
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread