I hated my SIG p226 MK25

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: I hated my SIG p226 MK25

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    31
    Thanked
    2 times

    I hated my SIG p226 MK25

    I figured it was time to get my "dream gun". A SIG p226 MK25, just like the navy seals right!? I think it is a super solid gun, great finish, smooth running, but I had several problems with it.

    First, the location of the slide release. I run a high, thumbs forward grip. Whenever I do this I inadvertently press the slide release down, so whenever the mag is empty the slide doesn't lock to the rear. It took me countless hundreds of rounds to figure out that this was going on.

    Second, I don't like the 6 o'clock hold the sights are set to. It was really distracting to aim just BELOW the target, and I feel like at distance I had to compensate just how far below the target I put it. I much prefer my cheap Taurus 1911 to the SIG. Anyone have any similar experiences? Am I completely off base?


  2.  

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    40
    Thanked
    23 times

    Re: I hated my SIG p226 MK25

    I had a SIG 229 like the Feds carry. Mine actually was a refurbished one out of DHS.

    My problem was I would ride my thumb up and engage the lock.

    The sights were harder to get precise shots at longer ranges. Ultimately I fell in love with the FNX-40 and haven't looked back.

    Although I am going to go with a SIG 1911. I still love SIG, just preferred my FN

  4. #3
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Mesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    752
    Thanked
    400 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbasic View Post
    I figured it was time to get my "dream gun". A SIG p226 MK25, just like the navy seals right!? I think it is a super solid gun, great finish, smooth running, but I had several problems with it.

    First, the location of the slide release. I run a high, thumbs forward grip. Whenever I do this I inadvertently press the slide release down, so whenever the mag is empty the slide doesn't lock to the rear. It took me countless hundreds of rounds to figure out that this was going on.

    Second, I don't like the 6 o'clock hold the sights are set to. It was really distracting to aim just BELOW the target, and I feel like at distance I had to compensate just how far below the target I put it. I much prefer my cheap Taurus 1911 to the SIG. Anyone have any similar experiences? Am I completely off base?
    Can't help you with the slide release but they sell different front and rear sights of varying height so you can have it just how you want it. My sigs are combat sighted which was actually weird for me at first. I kept hitting low all of the time. Once I got used to them though I absolutely loved them. P228 is quite possibly my favorite handgun ever.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    31
    Thanked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPrideForever View Post
    I had a SIG 229 like the Feds carry. Mine actually was a refurbished one out of DHS.

    My problem was I would ride my thumb up and engage the lock.

    The sights were harder to get precise shots at longer ranges. Ultimately I fell in love with the FNX-40 and haven't looked back.

    Although I am going to go with a SIG 1911. I still love SIG, just preferred my FN
    Gotta love 1911's. I want a kimber pro of some kind, I like the shorter barrel. There's just something wonderful about them. I like the way the single stack fits in my hand. The sig grips are notoriously large, but I actually didn't like them and my hands are huge.

  6. #5
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Mesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    752
    Thanked
    400 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbasic View Post
    Gotta love 1911's. I want a kimber pro of some kind, I like the shorter barrel. There's just something wonderful about them. I like the way the single stack fits in my hand. The sig grips are notoriously large, but I actually didn't like them and my hands are huge.
    I really liked the feel of 1911s when I first started shooting. The I got into Berettas and Sigs and had a hard time dealing with a skinny grip after that. I also have big hands. I sure do love the look of 1911s though.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Bullseye Shooter BigSpenda864's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    181
    Thanked
    13 times
    I have two P226's and love them both. Sig is one of my favorite guns. I also had an issue with hitting the slide release when I originally switched to the modern combat grip. I have altered my grip slightly so my shooting hand thumb doesn't rest on the slide release. It's not an issue anymore and my accuracy didn't suffer from the change. It just took some retraining. They are fine guns for sure. They are one of the most competition ready guns right out of the box than anything else out there (I mean stock weapons of course). You can drive nails with a 9mm P226.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    236
    Thanked
    197 times
    I have a 226 Navy and really like it. The feel and accuracy are superb to me. To each his own though, if it does not work for you, you can always sell it. I am sure you will have no trouble, in todays market, getting what you paid out of it or probably much more than you paid.

  9. #8
    Senior Member bayonet14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,721
    Thanked
    1147 times
    Just something about the SIG trigger I cant move past....just mushy to me

  10. #9
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    KameronTKelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mangaf Kuwait
    Posts
    4,508
    Thanked
    4514 times
    I love my P245 (earlier version of the 226). However, I am biased because its the pistol I owned.... Still running strong with a replacement recoil spring (thanks midway) it's just too damned heavy! steel frame and all makes it a biatch to carry. My XD40 is my go to for carry and I love it... I don't have an FN handgun... yet!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Unknown author.

    Disclaimer: I cant spell.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    31
    Thanked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff V View Post
    I have a 226 Navy and really like it. The feel and accuracy are superb to me. To each his own though, if it does not work for you, you can always sell it. I am sure you will have no trouble, in todays market, getting what you paid out of it or probably much more than you paid.
    I did just that a week ago. Bought it at 999, sold at 1050 (used)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Sig Sauer P226 Mk.25
    By DaZe831 in forum Handgun Room
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 04:56 PM
  2. P226 Sights
    By raggededge in forum Handgun Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 11:17 PM
  3. Sig P226
    By raggededge in forum Handgun Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 03:05 PM
  4. Hated to, but cancelled my FNP-9 order
    By First Sergeant in forum FN FNP
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 10:20 PM
  5. FNP 40 vs Sig P226 whats better
    By omega01 in forum FN FNP
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 08:16 PM

Search tags for this page

mk25 for sale

,
mk25 review
,
mk25 threaded barrel
,
mk25 vs p226
,

p226 mk25

,

p226 mk25 for sale

,
p226 mk25 review
,
p226 vs mk25
,

sig mk25

,

sig mk25 for sale

,
sig mk25 review
,
sig mk25 threaded barrel
,

sig p226 mk25

,

sig p226 mk25 for sale

,
sig p226 mk25 review
,

sig sauer mk25 for sale

,
sig sauer mk25 review
,

sig sauer p226 mk25 for sale

,
sig sauer p226 mk25 threaded barrel
,
sig sauer p226 navy vs mk25
Click on a term to search for related topics.