walther pk 380, anyone got one?

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: walther pk 380, anyone got one?

walther pk 380, anyone got one?

Hey guys, I haven't posted on here in awhile, but I got a question for y'all. My mom just got a new job, working in a larger city, and she asked me to help her find a good gun for her. She is 4'11" and has small hands. I'm personally not going to recommend anything shorter than a 3" barrel, so a subcompact is the gun style we are interested in, and single stack for her small hands (she can barely shoot my fnx 40, and definitely not with one hand) so we stumbled on a Walter pk 380, and she likes that way it feels in her hand, but no luck on finding one to shoot before we buy it. I don't want this to end up in a cartridge war, but, if y'all have shot or owned one, could you give a bit of insight on this firearm? And if there is something that might work as a substitute, I would be interested in that too. Thank you guys in advance for your input

I have one for my wife and one in my car. Excellent guns! Has a snappy but light recoil so practice is a must. Should be the perfect gun for her to carry. I have a co-worker who has tendinitis in both wrist. She was carrying a Ruger, then a M&P. After shooting my Walther, she went out and bought one. My wife fired about 500 rds without any problems. I have at least 1000 on mine, which hasn't been cleaned since I hit 500. Within 20-25 feet, my co-worker and my wife both can put a full mag thru the head.
    Last edited by Sentra52; 08-23-2014 at 11:51 PM.
    "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig!"

My better half has one and loves it. DONT buy a pink one. It's a pain to keep the lower clean. Had to go that route our she would have wanted her PS90 coated pink.
    FS2000 Gen 1 OD Green
    FS2000 Gen 1 Black
    PS90 Tri-Rail GEN 2
    PS90 Tri-Rail GEN 2 w/ laser stock
    PI90 SBR w/ laser stock
    PI90 SBR w/ Aimpoiont Micro T1
    FiveseveN
    FiveseveN MKII
    FNX-45 TAC
    FN-9C

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I have a SW bodyguard with built in laser. Very easy to shoot and conceal.
    J.polisi thanked this.

Banned
    Not posting to knock the PK 380 or thread hijack, but another option you might try is the S&W 380 Bodyguard. I have one, I mean I used to have one (all my guns and related accessories were lost in a boating incident, that is in another thread..) as a pocket gun. Has the built in laser, manual safety, and a long, but decent, trigger pull. That long pull is nice when I might have felt I was in a crappie place or situation I could pop off the safety and still carry in my pocket without worry of loosing the Jewels!!! I cannot personally speak for the PK 380 as I have not shot one However, I always hear good things from others. The Bodyguard is just a suggestion to try, definitely does not have the PK sexton appeal..

The PK 380 is a great gun. A good thing about it is that women do not have a problem racking the slide like a bunch do on the smaller guns. A bigger heavier slide is easier to grip and requires a lighter recoil spring.

When I read this I thought that a letter had been dropped and everyone was referring to the Walther PPK, I had either missed the PK or had forgotten about it.

SirGilligan

If there isn't a photo then it never happened.
    If you find your back is up against a wall, maybe you have been backing up for too long.

No that's fine! I am a full size gun guy, and I wanted all opinions to be considered, and that'll all of y'all for the info, what would be a decent price on a pk 380? For some reason I think that last one I looked at was 350?

$350 is about right.

my ma had one, hatted the trigger then sold it and bought a Sig P238 and loved it.
    Last edited by mrblond4; 08-25-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links