Google Search
Thanks Tree6Thanks
  • 2 Post By akitainu
  • 1 Post By Rangerone
  • 3 Post By akitainu

Thread: Holster for S&W .40 shield and full size pro

Holster for S&W .40 shield and full size pro

Hi all,

There have been several break-ins of late in our sleepy neighbor hood. While I have a few weapons in the house, for our defense, I've been asked by several of the older veterans(there are several) in the neighbor hood to "walk your dogs, around here more often," as I am around my house quite a bit during the day. For the record, I live in Newport News, VA. I can open carry. I've seen various threads on the debate. While it would send a clear signal to all, I prefer not to. I know some of the neighbors would freak and while I like the local police I would prefer to only meet with them at community events or in the event I need them. I like my neighbors, for the most part, there's always that one a$$ though. Everyone has "that guy" in there community. Anyway, to point, I would like recommendations for a holster for the following:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-40-shield

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...0-pro-series-0
    w/ Laser Sight for Smith & Wesson 3rd Gen Double-Stack | Crimson Trace

edit:sorry tried to hyper link the above but it was being hinky

While I like and own FN rifles my taste in pistols is S&W. Heresy, I know.
    The shield will be my EDC for around town. When walking the Boxers I am looking at carrying the full size. I would prefer to go IWB for both but if any argument can be made for OWB on the full I will fully consider it. Also not worried about wear on the weapons. My taste is functional and comfortable not pretty. I have no preferences/preconceptions as to the material the holster is made of. I will be training with these holster at least once a month.
    Note: I am applying for my CCW Monday. Virginia makes that stupid easy for vets.
    Thanks in advance. All options presented will considered fully.

Roc
    Last edited by OvrK0; 03-18-2017 at 10:05 AM. Reason: additional info and hyper link fix

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Check out the Alien Gear holsters. I have one for my 9mm Shield. I would think they have one for the .40 PRO also. They are very comfortable.

Good move getting your CCW. I lived in Hampton Roads for nearly 20 years, while I appreciated the ability to open carry, I much prefer concealed carry for several reasons.
    OvrK0 and SONYtec thanked this.
    “If we win here we will win everywhere. The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.”
    Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

Thank you. I saw that site come up in a search before. Like the reviews as well price point. For the IWB do you have any recommendations under the Additional Items section? What about this holster do you like vs if you could do it again what would you improve?
    Thank you again for your time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

If cost is not an issue, I am partial to Stealth Gear holsters for my Shield, both iwb and owb. They are pricey, but comfortable and durable. Definitely quality build. There are reviews online including one from MAC a couple of years ago that he recommended.
    Last edited by Rangerone; 03-18-2017 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Spelling and punctuation
    OvrK0 thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OvrK0 View Post
    Thank you. I saw that site come up in a search before. Like the reviews as well price point. For the IWB do you have any recommendations under the Additional Items section? What about this holster do you like vs if you could do it again what would you improve?
    Thank you again for your time.

I have my AG (Cloak Tuck 3.0) holsters set up as they come without any of the add-ons. If I recall correctly, the add-ons consist of different belt clip types. The standard ones have worked well for me on a 1.50" belt. I have several functional holsters from several manufacturers and the AG edges them all out in terms of comfort. I realize that's completely a subjective thing, but important (to me) when carrying all day.

They also do a good job keeping the gun off my skin. It's hot here and I sweat like a pig that sweats more than a regular pig.

There's really not much I'd change about them. I've been wearing one daily for well over a year now and am happy.

This is my EDC, it all conceals nicely wearing shorts and a t-shirt...which is all I ever wear:

OvrK0, Rangerone and SONYtec thanked this.
    “If we win here we will win everywhere. The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.”
    Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

Sponsored Links