FN Herstal Firearms banner

Molded Retention Holster OWB exist?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  phixion az 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, first post!

I just got a black FNX 45 last week and I was looking for a black holster to wear outside my belt. Not so much for concealed carry purposes, more for carrying around the range. I can't find anything on the forum about a good holster and LGS didn't know of any right off the top of their heads. I was wondering if a good FNX 45 holster existed at all?! I would prefer Kydex but at this point, I just want a holster...

Thanks!

#5 ·
I second KT-Mech. I ordered two of the Akela models, one for my Glock 17 and another for my FNX and the quality is top notch. This is my first experience with kydex holsters so I can't compare them to Raven Concealment or any of the other bigger names but price-wise, you can't go wrong. I don't have any pictures right now but I'll try to take some soon.

On another note, KT-Mech's customer service was great during the whole process from order to ship. They were also quick to respond to all of my questions. Overall I'm totally satisfied with them.

#7 ·
I just talked to raven concealment the other day and they make one for the fnx 45 now. I had one for my usp and just got one for my m&p and love them! Super comfortable even in the car. Worth the money and the wait. Their quality is really top notch all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Okay, re-reading this thread, I think I may have misunderstood your original post.:oops:

I thought you wanted a molded kydex holster with an additional active retention feature, that's why I mentioned the Bladetech. For a regular Kydex holster that can be worn OWB, I have a DSG "Alpha" holster that I like well. It's only molded friction retention, but it works pretty well, and it's decently comfortable. It can be worn IWB with the loops reversed or by replacing with "j" hooks, but I wasn't too crazy about it from a comfort perspective.

If you do want active retention in a Kydex holster, I have only seen the Bladetech offerings though. I'm sure someone else probably makes something, but I haven't seen it yet.

#10 · (Edited)
Kydex OWB holster for open carry/range. Will NOT conceal well. Elastic retention strap was optional and can be removed. Depending on how you set this up it is either Level 1, 2 or 3. Custom molded for your FNX. Weighs about as much as an empty Solo cup. KT-Mech.com
Details:
Akela model. Flat Dark Earth. Competition cut. 0 cant. BladeTech ASR belt attachment. Retention strap.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.