FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree33Thanks

Thread: Form 1 E-file (New Rules)

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerone View Post
    May I ask, what app for your photos? I went and got passport photos for my submital, as well as all the other forms. I am just curious if their was another way to supply the appropriate form of the photo.
    It was called "ID PhotoPrint". Downloaded it to my wife's iPad.
    Rangerone and Smurky thanked this.
    “If we win here we will win everywhere. The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.”
    Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

Cool, thanks for the info. The only aspect is the wait for them to mail the photos to you.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerone View Post
    Cool, thanks for the info. The only aspect is the wait for them to mail the photos to you.
    I saved the files and emailed them to my dealer. They printed them and attached them to the Form 4.
    Smurky thanked this.
    “If we win here we will win everywhere. The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.”
    Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Can anybody tell me what the difference is between the 4473 / NICS instant check process and the background check performed by ATF when you submit a Form 1 or Form 4?

Im trying to get a sense of why you can buy a Title I firearm and get an instant approval, but it takes 8 months to take that same firearm and make it an SBR.

Does ATF do any more of an in-depth check, or is it just bureaucratic sloth and process "friction" that drags out approval times?

This seems like an ideal area for an Executive Order by the incoming President to streamline and speed up the system.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraFudd View Post
    Can anybody tell me what the difference is between the 4473 / NICS instant check process and the background check performed by ATF when you submit a Form 1 or Form 4?

Im trying to get a sense of why you can buy a Title I firearm and get an instant approval, but it takes 8 months to take that same firearm and make it an SBR.

Does ATF do any more of an in-depth check, or is it just bureaucratic sloth and process "friction" that drags out approval times?

This seems like an ideal area for an Executive Order by the incoming President to streamline and speed up the system.
    The 4473's are done at either the state of govt level at a central facitily based on up to date data pulled from a multitude of record sources to see if you can legally own a firearm. On the other hand, the NFA process is much more in-depth and can not be done by any FFL like the 4473's are. If the 4473's had to be submitted to the ATF for every firearm purchase, it would take years and years to get the approval due to lack of staffing and the much more in-depth check that they have to do on all of the trustees and responsible persons in the trust or corp or whatever.

It has been determined that a background check for the purchase of firearms does not infringe on your second amendment. However, NFA firearms are not protected under the second amendment according to the courts and politicians therefore there is no law requiring that short turn around time is required on the paperwork or it will infringe on your second amendment rights.

Personally, I think the NFA is useless, was ill conceived, and was allowed to be brought to law from a SCOTUS that refused to allow an opposing view and ruled in favor just to satisfy the Government at the time, and is just a tool for the government to get money. I mean really, how hard is it to make a machine gun from a semi auto platform. I know of at least 10 firearms that can be made full auto in a matter of minutes and the only thing preventing me is that I am a law abiding citizen who CHOOSES NOT TO violate the NFA.

Besides, all of my firearms were lost in a several major boating accidents over the last 8 years. Finally got rid of the old leaky boat. However, even the last firearm I bought, on the way home, I tripped on a stick and the firearm went plunging into a creek infested with piranhas and alligators. I ain't going after it.... No luck for me these days.........
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    By the end of the year we will have an option for filing form 1's. Basically you would pay $25 and buy the tax stamp and we file all the paperwork for you. If you scan in your fingerprints at a kiosk then we keep them on file and you only have to do it once. All we would need is your Make, Model and Serial.
    I just read this and was getting ready to file for an SBR. Is this up and running?
    Six men came to kill me one time. And the best of 'em carried this. It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun … This is the best gun made by man. It has extreme sentimental value … I call her Vera

For all of you veteran SBR guys and gals. Do you recommend any specific routes to take in order to obtain a trust? Any recommended online trust in which you have person experience with and would stand by? I had found an online one which was $150 or so, then also found a local lawyer who does them here in Colorado for $300. Thought I would gauge all of your opinions first, and gain some insight!

Get a trust from NFA Gun Trust - Services Jeremy's guys will get you taken care of. 129 bucks
    AP1Sean thanked this.
    - Mike -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Benefactor Life Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Life Member

Ambassador Life Member
    FN Gear
    Scar 17s FDE
    FNX-45 Tactical FDE (Twins)
    FNX-45 Blk
    FiveSeveN FDE
    My Oath to defend our nation against all enemies... was and is still an oath for me.

Look at setting up an LLC. That could be a viable option.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cdiamond View Post
    Look at setting up an LLC. That could be a viable option.
    A LLC like a Corp may need to registered with the State you reside in and require an annual operating fee. I had one in FL for my NFA stuff and the price went from $35 a year to over $130 a year and if you missed the filing date, it went to $400.

A Trust cost pennies in comparison.....
    AP1Sean and bwhiz thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links