FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree33Thanks

Thread: Form 1 E-file (New Rules)

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Form 1 E-file (New Rules)

So what's the procedure now? Do you fill it out on line part and then mail fingerprint cards and photos? Or are they uploaded when filing? I haven't filed a Form 1 since January, so I'm out of the loop.

I did just do my first post 41F form 4. It was a pretty smooth transaction. We were fingerprinted today and mailed off the cards to the dealer to add to our packet. That was the last step on my end. The wait gets rolling now.

I certainly don't like the extra hoops, but on a 1-10 pain scale I'd give it a low 3...at least in this instance.
    “No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it up to forced consciousness expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.” ― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I believe Form 1 was taken off the E-Form site.
    akitainu thanked this.
    Scar 17 FDE
    FS2000
    FNX 45T
    FNS 40

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tlxiong82 View Post
    I believe Form 1 was taken off the E-Form site.
    D'oh!

I suppose I should have checked. That's what I get for falling off the grapevine.
    Last edited by akitainu; 11-30-2016 at 04:12 PM.
    Smurky thanked this.
    “No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it up to forced consciousness expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.” ― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I need to do one maybe two that I wasnt able to sneak in before july deadline of old rules. From what I see fingerprints for each person in trust, the forms, and a letter sent to local sheriff. Until I see someone approved under new rules and see what they did Im not going to rush into it
    akitainu thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyjim View Post
    I need to do one maybe two that I wasnt able to sneak in before july deadline of old rules. From what I see fingerprints for each person in trust, the forms, and a letter sent to local sheriff. Until I see someone approved under new rules and see what they did Im not going to rush into it
    Yeah for the Form 4, both my wife and I had to supply photos (via an app) and fingerprint cards (mailed). We also had to sign (digitally) a few places on the Form 4 submission. There's only the two of us on the trust, but if there were other folks they'd have to do the same.

My dealer (such an appropriate term ) did all the paperwork, which made things easy enough. The only thing I had to leave the house for was the fingerprinting.
    Last edited by akitainu; 11-30-2016 at 04:15 PM.
    hillbillyjim and Smurky thanked this.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Correct. The Form 1 and Form 4 are no longer available on the E-Form site but will be coming back some time in Jan or so (that means 2 years in Govt speak). Just about the time that the backlogges of Form 1 and 4's sent in prior to the effective date of 41F will finally be processed.....
    akitainu thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    By the end of the year we will have an option for filing form 1's. Basically you would pay $25 and buy the tax stamp and we file all the paperwork for you. If you scan in your fingerprints at a kiosk then we keep them on file and you only have to do it once. All we would need is your Make, Model and Serial.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /

512-931-4556

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    By the end of the year we will have an option for filing form 1's. Basically you would pay $25 and buy the tax stamp and we file all the paperwork for you. If you scan in your fingerprints at a kiosk then we keep them on file and you only have to do it once. All we would need is your Make, Model and Serial.
    Awesome. Thanks, Jeremy.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    yeah I dig that definitely will wait for that!

Quote Originally Posted by akitainu View Post
    Yeah for the Form 4, both my wife and I had to supply photos (via an app) and fingerprint cards (mailed).
    May I ask, what app for your photos? I went and got passport photos for my submital, as well as all the other forms. I am just curious if their was another way to supply the appropriate form of the photo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links