Suppressor wraps... - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree54Thanks

Thread: Suppressor wraps...

Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    I see there are many kinds and many different manufacturers, but don't know anything about them or the difference in them. I've also seen some 25.00 and as high as 200.00+$-- what is a decent amount to spend on one and where to buy? Links? I would invest 50-80.00 on one- but have 2 needs. A 5.56 and a 7.62. Not to high jack but hope it adds to the discussion.
    i use the Silencerco wrap myself and really like it. the 7.5" works on both my Saker 556 and Saker 762 pretty well. as your fully aware, Silencerco stands behind all the products they sell as well. also if you pay attention to there sales they have them 30% off during various holidays.

https://www.store.silencerco.com/col...nt=17572017284
    Troublesx10, Kakashi66218 and bwhiz thanked this.

I have two wraps but really only use them to mitigate mirage for precision shooting. Otherwise my suppressors are bare and I use gloves to handle them.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    What I am wondering is, if you shoot enough to create suppressor mirage isn't that enough to create enough heat to be worrying about a wrapped suppressor?
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    I see there are many kinds and many different manufacturers, but don't know anything about them or the difference in them. I've also seen some 25.00 and as high as 200.00+$-- what is a decent amount to spend on one and where to buy? Links? I would invest 50-80.00 on one- but have 2 needs. A 5.56 and a 7.62. Not to high jack but hope it adds to the discussion.
    Check out Cole-Tac
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

I use the HAD wraps from riflesonly.com. Yes they mitigate heat, but more importantly keep me from scratching my suppressors running through the brush and mitigate mirage when when shooting long range. No, I don't do dumps with them on. I use them for hunting and bench rest shooting only.
    Milspec, Smurky and bwhiz thanked this.

Maybe this is off course, but have to ask as there are many here. Any of these worth sale?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=2TITMPJ4NIZ3X
    Smurky thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by DrToyHoarder View Post
    keep me from scratching my suppressors running through the brush
    This is the main reason I have always been interested in them...protection.

I am concerned that they could potentially hold in the heat.

It would be interesting to test long term, because my thinking from car days and wrapping headers. Holding in extra heat can stress the metal and cause premature wear and failure.

People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    I also like the Rifles Only HAD, . I use mine when shooting long range to mitigate the mirage. They have a few options including a pouch made of heat material and a new protector which is the "skinny" it is only the outer. I would not use a cover if I was doing multiple mag dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by DrToyHoarder View Post
    I use the HAD wraps from riflesonly.com. Yes they mitigate heat, but more importantly keep me from scratching my suppressors running through the brush and mitigate mirage when when shooting long range. No, I don't do dumps with them on. I use them for hunting and bench rest shooting only.
    LESTER and hillbillyjim thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by KameronTKelly View Post
    What I am wondering is, if you shoot enough to create suppressor mirage isn't that enough to create enough heat to be worrying about a wrapped suppressor?
    The answer lies in the purpose of the wrap... Reducing mirage for precision shooting. The wraps I use (from Rifles Only) are only on precision rifles that won't see a rate of fire high enough to worry about damage to my barrels or the cans.

I don't use wraps on my issued M-4 or my personal carbines at all. The only reason I would consider it is if my clothing wouldn't protect me from the can during transition drills.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links