Scorpion sbr range trip....

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree267Thanks

Thread: Scorpion sbr range trip....

Scorpion sbr range trip....

I took out my CZ scorpion SBR for the first time today to the range. I really liked the way it felt, shot and looks, but it is completely and utterly unreliable! I plan on calling CZ Monday try to resolve issue but I'm not totally convinced it's not the magazines. I'm not really impressed with the quality of the magazines compared to how well made the Scorpion is made and how robust it seems to have been built I believe they could have made better magazines. I got failure to feeds and complete unfired bullets stove pipe both of which may be the Magazine's fault I'm not sure. I shot 330 rounds and had five malfunctions while shooting and five more while just trying to charge the weapon. So that's ten failures out of 11 magazines so that averages almost one failure per magazine, that's not good. Pictures to follow, the five bullets on the bottom half of the picture are the ones that failed during shooting the top five are the ones that failed while trying to charge the weapon
    Screenshot_20170304-144737.png
    Screenshot_20170304-144734.png
    Screenshot_20170304-144729.png
    Screenshot_20170304-144725.png
    Screenshot_20170304-144722.png
    akitainu thanked this.

Here's more
    Attachment 79721
    Attachment 79729
    Attachment 79737
    Attachment 79745
    Attachment 79753
    You can see where the projectile gets slammed into the brass case
    Last edited by sldcountry; 03-04-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with your new Scorpion SBR sld. Let us know what CZ says after you speak with them.
    sldcountry, krider24 and akitainu thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear. Wow-- all I can say is mine has been 100 % flawless. Eating everything. I have to think something is wrong. Maybe it is other than the mags too? Let us know what they say.

What Ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
    What Ammo?
    I tried one box of factory ammunition and three different types of my own loads including a hundred fifteen grain 124 grain and 147 grain projectiles.
    Last edited by sldcountry; 03-05-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    akitainu and LESTER thanked this.

More information. two weeks ago I shot about 450 rounds threw it in the pistol format before I got my form one back all suppressed and I had some failures but they mainly started showing up near the end of my shooting trip and I just figured 450 rounds or so suppressed it just got dirty and started having issues . today I started having issues right off the bat. At first I thought it was my overall length when reloading so I tried out some more home loads with a little shorter overall length hoping that would help because I thought they were binding in the magazine but that hasn't helped either. Today I specifically shot unsuppressed to try to rule out the suppressor making it run dirty as a problem
    akitainu and Smurky thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I don't have a CZ Scorpion but if I'm looking at those photos right--are those lead nose exposed you're using? In my experience, exposed lead bullets can wreak havoc in short order on semi-autos, specifically blow-back pistol style actions like the Scorpion. While the round functions just fine at first, as the rifle and the chamber heats up it begins to blast molten chunks of lead all over the action of the gun, causing it to malfunction and feed incorrectly after you get it heated up pretty good. I once had a girlfriend who's grandfather gifted me a several boxes of .45 he had loaded for me. It was loaded great except for the aforementioned. Didn't have the heart to tell the old guy I couldn't use the stuff. If I misinterpreted your photos, forget about it, but if I'm on it- that may be your issue.
    LESTER, Kakashi66218 and Milspec thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, – go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms.” “Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Not sure what the factory loads are they were Winchester xtp or something like that. All my home loads are copper plated
    Rattyxj00 thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Sorry to hear your having problems! I run Winchester 9mm NATO and Speer Lawman 124 grain thru mine and never have had any issues its been flawless. Hopefully you can get yours resolved soon!
    akitainu, sldcountry, Smurky and 3 others thanked this.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links