So this happened - FORM 1 bumps in the road.

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree27Thanks

Thread: So this happened - FORM 1 bumps in the road.

So this happened - FORM 1 bumps in the road.

So I originally submitted my first EFORM 1 on 05/13/16.

On 06/24/16 I was part of the batch disapprovals that happened just prior to 41P and had to resubmit a few days later. I had listed the Daniel Defense Model DDM4V5LW. They wrote back saying that was not a model number and then stated that it was on the magwell, so on the magwell it says M4 Carbine, so thats what I listed.

Last night I get this:

Good afternoon,

I am currently reviewing your SBR submission and I am requesting photos of the engraved markings on your receiver (manufacture, model, caliber, serial number, etc.).

Please email me the photos as soon as possible, so I can take a final action on your submission.

Just as a reminder, we are only allowed to hold an application in problem status while awaiting requested information for 7 days.

Thanks,

Is this something that anyone else has ran into or is normal? My dad's SBR (Same trust) didn't get that request last year. I reluctantly sent them two pics of my magwell with the Daniel Defense engraving on one side and my trust name/city state on the other side.

Thanks

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    This is common. If they are uncertain of the model then they will ask for this. Happens more when a gun is first introduced on the market.

M4 Carbine is the correct answer by the way.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /

512-931-4556

Yeah dont sweat it, they did the same for a Colt 9mm I did a form 1 on.
    Jgunselman thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

At least you got an indication they've looked at your form. For me, no news since they took my money in June.
    akitainu, hillbillyjim and Jgunselman thanked this.
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    This is common. If they are uncertain of the model then they will ask for this. Happens more when a gun is first introduced on the market.

M4 Carbine is the correct answer by the way.

Thanks guys, I feel a lot better. Surprisingly my google-foo hadn't returned much about this and I was a bit concerned. I almost sent you a direct message Jeremy because I knew you would know. Thanks.

I'll update as soon as I hear from them.

For those wondering:

Efile Trust
    CN: 20163035XX
    akitainu thanked this.

and we're approved....

Thanks again fellas.
    akitainu, CPTdaz, hillbillyjim and 1 others thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTdaz View Post
    At least you got an indication they've looked at your form. For me, no news since they took my money in June.
    lol I swear ATF is monitoring this site. I posted the above at 1215, at 1315 I got an email notifying the approval of one of my form1s.

Edit: make that two of my form1s, come on ATF agent man, finish the rest...
    Last edited by CPTdaz; 03-15-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    bwhiz, Mntsnow, Jgunselman and 3 others thanked this.
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

A short drive from the center of the universe
    lol I swear ATF is monitoring this site.
    CPTdaz thanked this.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

bwhiz thanked this.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Hold on, how did you get my picture?
    CPTdaz thanked this.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

/
    /

512-931-4556

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links