Nfa tracking thread - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree2304Thanks

Thread: Nfa tracking thread

I hate how you have to chunk all the money up front and walk out of the store $1200 poorer with nothing in your hands, and no end in sight. A few weeks ago I went in with the intent to buy an SDN6 but the guy didn't have one, and couldn't tell me when he would get anymore in... he said it might be months. He had a brand new M4-2000 on the rack and only ONE left, so I bit. Now I STILL don't have a 7.62 CAN and I'm stuck paying off the credit card I melted in the process.

I purchased my AAC 762 SDN-6 in february, dealer cant even get it in stock.

Updated the post.
    I received the approved form 4 and the suppressor almost exactly 6 months after mailing off the paperwork.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

If you ever feel like no one cares if you live or die, try missing a few car payments.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SeahawkDriver-R View Post
    I wish I could FIND this suppressor, lol, much less put in the Form 4.
    Ya that's stinks you can't find one? I paid for mine and it arrived last summer but I finally only until recently turned the paperwork. (Had a kid 6 months ago and forgot about the rest of the world) - good luck man I hope you can find one, I was given a reference, made a call and fell into mine....lucky I guess
    ^Crossing Paths^

))))=========:>

Dropped my Form 1 application packet at the Post Office today, 10:13 A.M.

See how this goes.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

According to all the trackers, we're now up to 8 months for wait time!! So it went from 4 months to 6 months in 3/4Q11 to 1Q12, now 6 to 8 months from 1Q12 to 2Q12. This is insane. The wait time will probably be up to a year by the time 4Q12 hits. I have 4 items waiting and soon to be a 5th. Ugh!

I have a theory, more conspiracy than not; in the event that the government knew something was about to go down (i.e. civil unrest), but didn't inform its citizens, I would assume they would inform the BATFE to hold all approvals until further notice. So it would be nice if someone kept a keen pulse on when the very last approval was, and then track the duration. If it gets beyond X weeks/months since that last approval, then that would be a potential trigger event. I only say this since optically it is less transparent of a 'denial' than flat-out denying someone purchasing a new (non-Class III) firearm. If the later happened then it would be too obvious. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryOrDeath View Post
    I have a theory, more conspiracy than not; in the event that the government knew something was about to go down (i.e. civil unrest), but didn't inform its citizens, I would assume they would inform the BATFE to hold all approvals until further notice. So it would be nice if someone kept a keen pulse on when the very last approval was, and then track the duration. If it gets beyond X weeks/months since that last approval, then that would be a potential trigger event. I only say this since optically it is less transparent of a 'denial' than flat-out denying someone purchasing a new (non-Class III) firearm. If the later happened then it would be too obvious. Just a thought.
    That does sound like a "convenient" thing for the government to be able to do - though I'm not sure that's the intent of the long wait.
    Talhoffer thanked this.
    The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You!

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Before you go getting worried about some conspiracy a foot read through this

SilencerTalk • View topic - ATF continued.......

Stuff is getting approved.

There is more people doing suppressors and SBRs then ever before and the NFA has lost an examiner and a supervisor, from Oct.through April they had more forms submitted than in whole year of 2010.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!"
    MAJ. Holdredge

Quote Originally Posted by Talhoffer View Post
    There is more people doing suppressors and SBRs then ever before and the NFA has lost an examiner and a supervisor, from Oct.through April they had more forms submitted than in whole year of 2010.
    Perhaps they need to enlist some temporary volunteers from the FNF?

I definitely agree, Tal, that people are buying up NFA items like wild these days.
    The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You!

I think you misinterpreted my theory. I'm not saying there is any issue...right now. The delay is simply due to mass demand and lack of resources on the BATFE side. I get that. It is what it is. What I was saying is that if it simply stopped, then having a grasp of that duration would potentially be insightful.

Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links