Help Please - Osprey or Octane for FNX45T?

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree13Thanks

Thread: Help Please - Osprey or Octane for FNX45T?

Help Please - Osprey or Octane for FNX45T?

Trying to figure out which one to get, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have both. I Osprey 9mm and a Octane HD 45. Both are excellent so whichever one you pick you'll be happy. Ok my opinion. If you are going to only use the suppressor on handguns the Osprey wins hands down. If you are going to use it on rifles then the Octane HD 45 wins hands down. If you plan on shooting wet the Octane wins because you can take it apart and clean the gunk. The Osprey does not come apart. The price's are basically the same. The major difference is the shape....On semi auto handguns it looks awesome and allows you to use standard sights.(With the FNX45R it doesn't matter). If you plan on using it with rifles and sub calibers Octane HD is the better choice because you can access the stainless steel baffles and clean with peracetic acid.
    SpikerAdams and Shooter McGavin thanked this.
    "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Octane 45 for me. I was sold on the Osprey but was no able to get one in FDE. The Octane came in FDE and is user serviceable, the Osprey is not.

But they are both great suppressors according to the reviews.
    LESTER and Shooter McGavin thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HK SD9 Tactical View Post
    Octane 45 for me. I was sold on the Osprey but was no able to get one in FDE. The Octane came in FDE and is user serviceable, the Osprey is not.

But they are both great suppressors according to the reviews.
    This was my rationale to the T. I wanted FDE and the fact it was user serviceable was a bonus. I spent a good amount of time looking at the stats for each and the TiRant. Weight, decibels, length… most of it is a wash… they are all close in some aspect or are better one one other aspect just by a small margin.
    Shooter McGavin thanked this.
    -Thomas

FWIW i went with the AAC TiRant-45 for the changeable piston that allows you to use it on multiple thread patterns and multiple caliber's from 9mm-45 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by street doctor View Post
    FWIW i went with the AAC TiRant-45 for the changeable piston that allows you to use it on multiple thread patterns and multiple caliber's from 9mm-45 ACP.
    The Octane HD 45 does the same thing. From .22LR on up. I too have a Ti-Rant 45 but I hate the fact that the baffles are aluminum which means I can't use peracetic acid to remove the lead. I have to use a dental pick and brass dermal brush to clean the baffles. The Octane has SS baffles and I can throw them in a peracetic acid bath then throw them in a ultrasonic cleaner. I wish AAC would offer a stainless steel baffle upgrade. I even called them to see if I could get a bunch of first baffles to make it all SS. When I have time I think I am going to experiment and spray them with Cearakote Dry Film Lubricant. It worked pretty well on my Pilot II baffles.
    "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."

Thanks again everyone for your replies. I think the Osprey looks bad-@ss on the FNX45T, but I think I will end up going with the Octane for the same reasons (FDE and the fact it is user serviceable). This way I won't have to paint it and if I ever shoot wet, I can clean it.

I hear the Osprey has the serial # strategically placed in case of malfunction so it is easier to send back for repair (without the crazy wait), does the Octane do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin View Post
    Thanks again everyone for your replies. I think the Osprey looks bad-@ss on the FNX45T, but I think I will end up going with the Octane for the same reasons (FDE and the fact it is user serviceable). This way I won't have to paint it and if I ever shoot wet, I can clean it.

I hear the Osprey has the serial # strategically placed in case of malfunction so it is easier to send back for repair (without the crazy wait), does the Octane do the same?

^^^ This was the main reason I went with the Osprey

Octane

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    I have 2 Octane HD 45 FDE in stock if you are ready.
    Eric Pierce USN
    A Gun For You

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FFL01, SOT class 3
    LEO/MIL Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links