PS90 SBR Paperwork Step-By-Step - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree24Thanks

Thread: PS90 SBR Paperwork Step-By-Step

Ok.. sorry for a silly question here, but being that I don't have a passport, what exactly constitutes a "Passport photo"? I sent in a picture, but wonder if it was not correct and weather or not that is why it is taking so long. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Zhur
    Pst, look over there while I poke you in the eye!

A passport photo is a closeup picture of your face and neck on a solid color background (usually white) - at a certain size. Wal-Greens, CVS, Wal-Mart, etc - you can go get a passport photo at almost any photo development place.

Thanks Ship, but does anyone know the size? I live in a place where there are no Kinko's, or even a WalGreens, I know, it's scary to think. The Wa-Mart photo center here is about as worthless as can get, I've asked them the same question and they don't know. I'd imagine that it's like a 3"x3" or something.

Should I smile or just be plain faced. hehe The pic I sent was a 4"x6" photo, I hope that isn't what's taking so long, about 50 days so far. (no I don't have a criminal record hehe)

Thanks again,

Zhur

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

So, if I understand all I have read up to now - I do the paperwork for a trust (since a trust OR an LLC is acceptable). Then, this eliminated the need for LEO signatures. And, it was also mentioned on this thread that one need not do the fingerprint cards when going that route? Correct?

Does any of the forms change when you go the trust route? Just ignore the required signatures and fill it out and send off a copy of the trust documentation?

Ship,
    I asked and asked and asked all over the internets before I did my paperwork. I must say that there was a lot of confidence in many of the answers I read, unfortunately, there wasn't a lot of confirmation when I called ATF and asked the same questions. All this stuff here gets you pointed in the right direction, and exposes you to the terminology, but I'd strongly recommend calling your local ATF office. I'm not sure if they are set up by state or region, but here's the number that I called to ask questions. They were very helpful. (304) 616-4500

Zhur

Ok, I'm filling out my paperwork and I have sign-off from my CLEO all done along with the finger prints.

Now, what do I need to do with this 5330.20 form? I've never had to fill one of these out for a Form 4 transfer, so do I need to complete this form even though I'm a US citizen and already on the registry for NFA weapons?

If so, on line 1. is that my name I include there as well as my name on line 2.?

Thanks for clarification.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan
    Thanks Ship, but does anyone know the size? I live in a place where there are no Kinko's, or even a WalGreens, I know, it's scary to think. The Wa-Mart photo center here is about as worthless as can get, I've asked them the same question and they don't know. I'd imagine that it's like a 3"x3" or something.

Should I smile or just be plain faced. hehe The pic I sent was a 4"x6" photo, I hope that isn't what's taking so long, about 50 days so far. (no I don't have a criminal record hehe)

Thanks again,

Zhur
    Its a 2"X2" photo with a neutral background. From the bottom of the chin to the top of the face can not exceed 1 5/8 inches. Color. Digital photo at home will do (thats how I did my passport).

If you want to smile, go ahead. Me - if I had to submit a photo for this I would be pretty torqued and not happy at all. Of course, I make it a point to not look like any photo that I have ever given the 'state'. Remember, this is the photo of you that the ATF/FBI/whoever will use to find you if they need to.

Does anyone know if I need to complete the 5330.20?

Sturmgeweher,
    I would strongly recommend making a 3 minute phone call to the number that I listed earlier. It will be a 100% correct answer, and save you time and frustration in getting the process done.

(304) 616-4500 NFA Hotline

Zhur

Thanks.

You do need the form. It's required for all NFA transfers now. I haven't submitted NFA paperwork since 2000 and this new document came about post 9/11.

Here's how you complete the form:

1. Your full name
    2. Your full name
    3. United States
    4. N/A
    5. NO
    Sign and Date

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links