South Carolina SBR Help

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree2Thanks
  • 1 Post By Rattyxj00
  • 1 Post By sldcountry

Thread: South Carolina SBR Help

South Carolina SBR Help

Can anyone with first hand knowledge tell me if the citizens of South Carolina can legally purchase a SBR? I've been researching this for a while now. I've been told SBRs are not legal, but my suppressor is. I don't want to spend money on one in the near future if I would have to sell it before a possible move. The most reliable internet source I've found says it is legal as long as the BATF approves my stamp just like a suppressor. The source states most people fall under South Carolina Law section 16-23-250.

Thanks for any assistance.
    Make Peace Or Die! Semper FI!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I'm not an attorney, so if you feel you need one...yes legal. It's a little confusing when you read the code, but I believe it says if you fall under one of the exceptions in section etc,. If you read section etc,. One having a stamp from the ATF is one of them. As Long as you comply with the law SC is a great place to be a gun enthusiast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    teamsuzukigsxr thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, – go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms.” “Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Thanks for the help. My local dealer was told it was illegal by a doctor whom moved there. The doctor was told by a lawyer the SBR would be illegal. He ended up finding a legal way to keep it in WV thru his trust. Based on what I read, I thought it seemed legal to me. Now I might just go ahead and pick up an SBR sometime soon. I'll def. keep up on the laws there just in case anything changes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I live in s.c. and have many sbr's, it is completely legal here including everything else on the nfa list.
    teamsuzukigsxr thanked this.

Banned
    Gotta love free states!!!!

Thanks again for the information. I fell in love with the Folly Beach area and the majority seem to have the same views I do on certain topics. I've been planning on moving there within the next few years. I really didn't want to leave an SBR behind or have to sell it. I'll just leave my items in the trust, notify the BATF and head south. The gun laws here are great and the majority of people are die hard pro gun. I will have to give up the open carry and access to many places to shoot, but I rarely open carry anyway. Only when going to the range and back.

Sponsored Links