FN Herstal Firearms banner

Eform approved but no stamp???

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Performify 
#1 ·
So my eform 1 I submitted on 7/6 seemed to be taking a little longer than others were reporting here and on the NFAtracker website. I logged in to my eform account and see that it says it was finalized on 8/7, so what am I missing here? I thought I would receive an email with an attached pdf of the approved form for me to print out. I don't see anywhere on the website where I can download the form. Am I looking in the wrong place, or did they forget to email me my approval?

#10 ·
Found it. Now off to the engraver. Just to confirm my understanding on this from those of you in the know, the full name of the trust as it appears on the form 1 must be engraved with no abbreviations, the city and state must also be there. I believe it is ok to abbreviate the state. Size is min. 1/16 and at least .003" deep. It does not have to be the serialized part of the weapon, but must be on a major part of the gun easily visible. Have I missed anything?

#13 ·
You've got it.

1) On the Frame or Receiver the Serial number;
2) on the frame, receiver, or barrel the following additional information;
A)The model;
B)The caliber or gage;
C)Your name or name of the Trust in the case of a Trust (no abbreviations are permitted for the Trust name);
D)The city and state (you can abbreviate the state with the official 2 digit state code)

The above mentioned information must be engraved, casted, stamped (impressing) or otherwise conspicuously placed or caused to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size of the Serial number shall be no smaller than 1/16 inch.

1, 2a and 2b are already there. You just need to add 2c and 2d per the requirements.

BATFE Engraving Requirements for Short-Barreled Rifle or Shotgun (SBS/SBR) - NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.