FN Herstal Firearms banner

--questionable eforms--

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Troublesx10 
#1 ·
Originally Posted by Kerberos
The following is why I will continue to submit paper forms ---> Are ATF?s Newly Approved Electronic eForms Legal? The Shocking Answer | Prince Law Offices, P.C.

I want the physical stamp in hand. I'm certainly willing to wait the extra time necessary.

i have the eforms complete and ready to go--- just need to pay------ this has me guessing if this is a what i want to do now----------- anybody have additional thoughts on this? i have not done any eforms on any of my nfa stuff--- this one is for the noveske sbr i built.
thanks kerkeros for the pov on this-- got me thinking, and i just want to make the correct decisions especially in this temperamentally hostile political and anti--2a environment.

See less See more
#2 ·
I understand your trepidation. But I am inclined to listen to the experts on this. Silincershop shop deals with the ATF More Than any of us individuals ever have or ever will due to the volume of thier sales. They are in communication with those people on a daily basis. If anyone understands them and their ways it's the good folks at the Silincershop. Therefore I will take their advice over any individuals when it comes to the legality of the BATFE's policies, programs or practices. I will continue to use the Eform system as time and money permit.

#3 · (Edited)
Yeah 30-60days vs 6-9 Months is a no brainer to me. I highly doubt the aft would issue bad stamps one form or the other. I mean think of it this way a physical dollar in your hands its the same Currency as a dollar in the bank. with that kind of paranoia why not just take all your money in the bank and stick It in your mattress Everything is representation these days

#4 ·
eform it tonight.

I realize there has been some hand wrigning over this article but I am just do not see how they can not recognize a 'stamp' received via eform in PDF format, issued from the ATF via an AFT email address. It would create a real :grin: storm since this was an ATF initiative.

Look at it this way. You will get a PDF of the approved form in an email from the ATF (eforms.notifications@atf.gov <eforms.notifications@atf.gov>) and an email which looks something like this.......

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to APPROVED
Permit/Control No: 1111111111
Your Reference No:
Submission Date: 201?-0?-0?-04:00
Form ID: ATF FORM 1 (5320.1) - APPLICATION TO MAKE AND REGISTER A FIREARM

Please logon to the eForms site for more details.
If you have any questions about your eForms submission, please contact:
for Imports questions, call (304) 616-4550
for NFA questions, call (304) 616-4500
for AFMER questions, call (304) 616-4590
for Firearms Licensing questions, call 1-866-662-2750

Thank you for using eForms.

Hard to dispute. And it wouldn't be the first time a Government agency had not followed its own regulations?? :icon_question:

#5 ·
Zero question, e-form.

Bafte makes and enforces their own rules. Whatever they say and do is all that matters.

Not it to mention that the fine folks at Prince Law are still just people. Their opinion isn't law it's just an opinion and until the matter is litigated it's a non-issue IMO. They could be wrong on several factors or could have overlooked something (such as potential impact from the Paperwork Reduction Act)

Thr he bafte wants to issue stamps. They are making significant revenue doing so. If they turned out they were issuing invalid stamps they'd be sued so quickly and so easily it wouldn't matter.

Interestinn article but complete non-issue IMO.

#7 ·
Folks are reporting 2-6 weeks.

Reactions: Troublesx10
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.