Suppressor Install. How perfect do I have to be? - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree17Thanks

Thread: Suppressor Install. How perfect do I have to be?

POI doesn't necessarily have anything to do with group size. It can be a tighter group and be 5" lower and 5" right of POI without the suppressor. I personally have never seen 0 POI change from unsuppressed and suppressed. There will always be some. Some suppressors and mounts have less then others and it varies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Bove View Post
    If you are building a perfectly level and square house it starts with the foundation. I carry that mentality over to installing muzzle break & flash hiders that a suppressor attaches to. I know i'm a anal perfectionist but it makes me sleep better. I honestly don't have a POI issue when I use my rifle suppressors. I shoot with Surefire suppressors. I get more POI shift from weather conditions. I know some of you might say I am full of it or crazy but when I use a suppressor I get much tighter groups.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCameraMan79 View Post
    POI doesn't necessarily have anything to do with group size. It can be a tighter group and be 5" lower and 5" right of POI without the suppressor. I personally have never seen 0 POI change from unsuppressed and suppressed. There will always be some. Some suppressors and mounts have less then others and it varies.
    Very true, I have shot over 50 different rifle silencers and have never seen a 0 POI shift. I've seen it be 2/10th of an inch but that is about the best I've seen.
    TheCameraMan79 thanked this.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /

512-931-4556

I think the BIGGEST worry any suppressor owner should have - if the barrel threads are not concentric w/the axis of the bore.
    Jeremy M. thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bayonet14 View Post
    I think the BIGGEST worry any suppressor owner should have - if the barrel threads are not concentric w/the axis of the bore.
    The biggest worry should be how much the credit card can handle
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

/
    /

512-931-4556

So about 1/4" for 1 suppressor out of 50, that's not great odds, lol. I'm guessing it's not the same 1/4" POI shift on every host just 1 particular one? As it's probably most often said is if the POI shift is repeatable is the most important every time the suppressor is mounted on the host.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    Very true, I have shot over 50 different rifle silencers and have never seen a 0 POI shift. I've seen it be 2/10th of an inch but that is about the best I've seen.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    This is a tricky subject because it does depend on the gun more than the silencer. Basically what I was saying is that there will almost always be some POI shift. Wither you adjust for it or not is another thing.
    TheCameraMan79 thanked this.
    Silencer Shop

/
    /

512-931-4556

Quote Originally Posted by Hoax001 View Post
    The Gemtech barley passes the bore alignment test. As you can see, it does not actually reach the barrel shoulder in the rear. I don't feel comfortable with this alignment. Plus, the extra weight, length, etc. make the Gemtech unsuitable for this application. There is really no need. The guys are right, just go with the shims and a dab of Rockset. Hope this saves some of you $88 for the Gemtech.
    Attachment 39505
    Attachment 39506
    Wow that looks really bad, I would definitely not have shot that for fear of a baffle strike. You look good to go with just the shims and not that Gemtech device.
    Hoax001 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Bove View Post
    I know some of you might say I am full of it or crazy but when I use a suppressor I get much tighter groups.
    I don't think that's crazy. Less recoil alone will help get better groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett B View Post
    Wow that looks really bad, I would definitely not have shot that for fear of a baffle strike. You look good to go with just the shims and not that Gemtech device.
    I agree completely.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoax001 View Post
    I don't think that's crazy. Less recoil alone will help get better groups.
    Not to mention increased FPS and better barrel harmonics.
    Hoax001 thanked this.
    Silencer Shop

/
    /

512-931-4556

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links