Sling Recommendation for SCAR 17

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree4Thanks

Thread: Sling Recommendation for SCAR 17

Sling Recommendation for SCAR 17

I just installed front and rear QD mounts (from Parker Mountain Machine) on my SCAR 17. I'm interested in QD sling recommendations for the SCAR.

I currently use a Magpul MS4 Dual (single / double point) QD Sling in double point mode on my Tavor and like it. What is a good sling for the SCAR platform? Does a single or double point sling work better with the SCAR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Focodude; 02-07-2017 at 11:24 PM.

origional SOE makes pretty friggin great stuff. be prepared to wait for 6 or more weeks, but its worth the wait. They do have a single to double point convertable/ bungee sling that works very well. The whole single vs two point is a hard one to answer. I usually find my self in a car or just going to the range so single point works great for simple retention... also ever tried practicing clearing a house with a double point sling? But when I'm out running cattle or sheep and have to ride a dirt bike or four wheeler then the two point is the way to rock and roll, so you aren't slamming your goods with every bump. Also helps when moving over walls or anything that requires one or more hands. so my opinion is to get something that is a jack of all trades, and also has a nice soft nylon cover so you don't tear up your neck and feel tempted to leave without a sling.
    "It seemed like a good idea at the time"

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I was avoiding taking the plunge on a Savy Sniper due to the price they command but after years I finally gave in. It is worth every penny. Hands down the easy sling I have ever adjusted, bungee section for running and convertible to single point. It's a winner many times over.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KameronTKelly View Post
    I was avoiding taking the plunge on a Savy Sniper due to the price they command but after years I finally gave in. It is worth every penny. Hands down the easy sling I have ever adjusted, bungee section for running and convertible to single point. It's a winner many times over.
    Thanks. Which Savvy Sniper sling do you use? I see a lot of different models on their website. I remember seeing a video from Tim on the Military Arms Channel re: the Savvy Sniper sling and he said he really liked it too. I'll look up the video again.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    The wider version. I think from there it just differentiates in color.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Focodude thanked this.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

I second Kams advice. I went with a savvy sling in fde with 1" width,Kobra buckles,and QD buckles. The swing is made in OH I believe and they are amazing quality. They are comfortable and deploy fast. I like the handle to adjust weapon length from body, it is intuitive and works really well. It has a good amount of bungee cord to act as a shock when maneuvering around. The ability to go quickly from single point to two point is great as well. I'm sure there are also a lot of other great slings but I chose to try the savvy because of all the great reviews and videos I've seen about them. I have yet to be disappointed in it and it's exactly what I wanted, so I'm happy.

-Hodge

+1 for Savvy Sniper, looked long and hard before I bought my 16s' QUAD X Cobra dual QD MS sling, the Savvy beat 'em all hands down! Their customer service is hard to beat too!
    Μολὼν λάβε

I went ahead and ordered a Savvy Sniper sling from Copper Custom Armament this morning based on the positive feedback. The Copper Custom site lets you select the options you want. I ordered the 2" width with QD mounts and metal hardware. I think that translates to a QUAD X Cobra dual QD MS. Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

I have this on my SCAR and love it. I can create some wear in the location where it attaches on the scar.

SCAR Bungee Single Point Tactical Sling with MASH Hook for FNH SCAR rifle by Tactical Link | Tactical Link

I need an FDE 1pt/2pt sling and the Savvy Sniper looks good, but damn its pricey at $135. I don't mind spending money as long as I'm getting my money's worth, but this thing is double the price of the Magpul MS4 Gen 2, which I know is a good sling, as I have Black Gen1 model. I'd really like to see a Savvy Sniper in person. There has been no mention of the 1" model vs. 2" model of the Savvy. Does anyone have the 2" model? It may be better suited to a 10+ pound set up.
    Scar 17S accessorized with Elcan 1.5-6X, Geissele Trigger, PMM Magpul Miad, KDG QD Mounts, KDG Charging Handle, and Grip Pod V2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links