FN Herstal Firearms banner

Rail Covers

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Go Navy 
#1 ·
I just wanted to recommend the Magpul ladder rail cover, and I know I'm not the first:

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG013/48

I just got the first one I've ever tried, and put it on the forward portion of the top rail on my SCAR 16S (flat dark earth). I'm really pleased with its light weight and low profile, and idiot-proof installation/removal. Besides, it looks good. I recommend the product, although I know it has been recommended here by others more experienced than I, and seen in many photos, before, so I know it's popular. Now I know why.

I have fde Tango Down panels on the 9, 6, and 3 o'clock rails and they're great, too, as recommended in this forum a number of times. I think the Magpul ladder rail cover is a lower profile, though, and would work nicely all the way around. For now, I'm leaving the Tango Down panels on, though.

#3 ·
GULL said:
I agree! I have tried full size Magpul rail covers and a few other designs, but the all made my 16 feel too broad across the middle. The Ladder Rails are thin enough to allow a better hold with the Magpul AFG2 installed on my weapon.
Exactly what I'm thinking. Given that the ladder rail covers are inexpensive, I just might try them all the way around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.