Optics for your SCAR 16 or 17 - Page 27

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Thanks Tree212Thanks

Thread: Optics for your SCAR 16 or 17

Quote Originally Posted by eldog84cadi View Post
    Do they offer any discounts on the elcans for veterans?
    Yes they do in fact offer discounts for Veterans and LEO.

I spoke with Ken at KERIF, he said to use my FNforum Member name (GSG-9) when you call and he will apply the discount for you

-Mike
    Last edited by GSG-9; 08-08-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    SCAR 16 S FDE: Super Scar Trigger - KDG 6.5" MREX Rail FDE - TangoDown Grip FDE - GG&G Charging Handle - PMM Rear QD Mount FDE & Battery Control Device - Magpul: Fire Selector Levers, M-Loc Rail Section, M-Loc Hand Stop FDE, M-Loc Rail Covers FDE, Surefire Mini Scout Light Tan w/SRO7 Dual Switch - Blue Force QD Sling Tan - Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x FDE - Raddlock Bullet Button

TAVOR.

Guns are always worth more than scopes and now that the x-95 is here. GO FOR IT !
    Collector of guns, knives, swords, cigars & old age.

Quote Originally Posted by ehilderbrand View Post
    Funny you mention that, just happened to me as well. Less than 100 rounds. Not confidence inspiring. Already sent it back.
    Got mine back quickly (less than a week) and without any fuss. We'll see how round two goes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I see a lot of people in this thread were running tr24 with the triangle, how are they holding up for you all now? thanks

Mepro 21 with the triangle reticle. Really love that it is electronic and battery free

I am considering optics for my 17. I like the US Optics ST-10 for it's simplicity, shorter length and weight. Anyone have any experience with this scope on their Scar?

I appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by samnev View Post
    I recently switched from a Leupold MK 6 1-6 to a Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21X50 ERS FDE scope on my FDE 17S SCAR. Over 250 rounds so far with no problems. Heres hoping the scope holds together.

So how is that Bushnell Elite Tactical holding up?
    wide_open and macman1138 thanked this.

Update, the Vortex Strike Eagle has passed the 1000 round milestone(300 rounds in inclement weather) and has shown no problems or changes since purchased.

Feels weird to use a scope that costs less than the dual lever Bobro mount it rests in on a $4,000 rifle setup but so far this Strike Eagle is the Real Deal and if that remains the case into the summer with more rounds under it's belt then the Vortex Strike Eagle will officially be the cheapest SCAR-Worthy magnified optic on the market.
    akitainu and novtec1 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry in IN View Post
    Update my SCAR 17's Trijicon TR24.
    It broke. This is a pretty popular scope and mine is the first one I've heard of breaking. Of course it happened to me.

Sunday, I was shooting a stage at 275 yards in a 3-gun match. The image kept becoming slightly blurred, then clearing up again on the next shot. I thought it was just crud that had got in my eye from the dusty range.
    I had a solid zero but had a hard time whacking the eight inch plates, but I attributed that to simply crappy shooting even though I had rang them easily three weeks ago.
    They didn't use any if the longer ranges, and they were too short to see any problems.

Yesterday I'm at my club shooting it at 100 yards. Groups were two shots here, three there. Also, the focus was definitely whacked. I'd have to refocus after almost every shot, and sometimes I couldn't get it to focus. Then maybe after a shot, it would be focused fine. This all happened within maybe ten rounds.

Then I fired a shot and suddenly the top quarter of the field of view was blacked out. Uh-oh, in recognize this from another brand of scope that failed in the past. Sure enough, give it a little shake and something moved inside. A ring of some sort is on the loose in there.

View into the eyepiece:

View looking in the objective:

I feel sad, Dr Ermey.

I do feel confident Trijicon will take care of it OK. I have an email sent, but so far have only received acknowledgment that I emailed. The proper way is to contact them by phone, but I had picked the kids up from school by that point and phone calls are tough.

I'll keep you posted.

Edit: I've had it a couple weeks short of a year, and it's seen 2,778 rounds.

UPDATE: Received an email at 8:13 this morning with a link to get a return authorization.
    Okay, good. I called them and asked how durable these ACOGS were after having many people telling the scopes were the best. They guy over the phone said I would not break it.
    It's good that they will take care of the replacement for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jtdunc View Post
    So how is that Bushnell Elite Tactical holding up?
    Good Lord what a scope! Very nice.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Sponsored Links