California Legal SCAR Mod

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
Thanks Tree8Thanks

Thread: California Legal SCAR Mod

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5

    California Legal SCAR Mod

    How do you remove the hinge pin on the folding stock of a SCAR??

    To make it "Kalifornia" compliant, I need to fix the stock in place so it cannot fold. The first step is to drift out the pin in the hinge. It appears to be a spring pin with a lot of tension on it. Before I force it too much, someone please tell me how to remove it the easy way??

    This SCAR Heavy is one bad ass rifle. Can't wait to own it, even if I have to neuter it first.


  2. #2
    Administrator
    FN Supporter
    HK SD9 Tactical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,352
    Thanked
    6347 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SCAR17 View Post
    How do you remove the hinge pin on the folding stock of a SCAR??

    To make it "Kalifornia" compliant, I need to fix the stock in place so it cannot fold. The first step is to drift out the pin in the hinge. It appears to be a spring pin with a lot of tension on it. Before I force it too much, someone please tell me how to remove it the easy way??

    This SCAR Heavy is one bad ass rifle. Can't wait to own it, even if I have to neuter it first.
    Welcome to the forums.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

  3. #3
    Senior Member Toreador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    110
    Thanked
    6 times
    Last edited by Toreador; 01-11-2012 at 09:16 AM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member LoLFornia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    138
    Thanked
    19 times
    +1 for calguns. Great site!

  6. #5
    Senior Member cetane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    1,839
    Thanked
    538 times
    The left coast tactical site doesnt work. Where can I get one of these?

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

    Of course I am compensating for something.... If I could kill something at 300 meters with my c*ck I would not need a gun!

    Originally Posted by Clyde
    and then they get to enjoy trying to ride the concussion wave....
    and start peppering them mercilessly with flying hot brass
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


    ....well this Country is aboard a Dreamliner, and the Pilot is screaming "Allah-Akbar"

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Thanks... this thread confirmed that it is "damn near impossible" to remove the pin. I might try that penny fix with the allen screw and post an update.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by cetane View Post
    The left coast tactical site doesnt work. Where can I get one of these?
    FN SCAR buttstock disassembly? - Calguns.net
    Looks like you can contact Left Coast Tactical on the Calguns forum or Facebook. That's what I'm gonna do.

  9. #8
    Senior Member cetane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    1,839
    Thanked
    538 times
    Im the only one who has posted on there FB page in over a year.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

    Of course I am compensating for something.... If I could kill something at 300 meters with my c*ck I would not need a gun!

    Originally Posted by Clyde
    and then they get to enjoy trying to ride the concussion wave....
    and start peppering them mercilessly with flying hot brass
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


    ....well this Country is aboard a Dreamliner, and the Pilot is screaming "Allah-Akbar"

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dirty Jerzy
    Posts
    553
    Thanked
    82 times
    mine has 1 pin above & 1 pin below the buttons. then pinned the adjustment on the underside. i live in NJ and folding/collapsing stock is a no-no.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by cetane View Post
    Im the only one who has posted on there FB page in over a year.
    Wellll, no response from Left Coast Tactical for me either. I guess this guy is a dead end.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. SCAR "folding stock"--->California legal?
    By asymmetricalwarfar3 in forum SCAR Accessories, Scopes & Mods
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 08:50 PM
  2. WTB California legal PS90 and Five-seveN
    By Toreador in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 11:04 PM
  3. Is there a California legal SCAR like the Sig 556
    By kmaultsby in forum FN SCAR 16S
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 01:02 PM
  4. FNP-45 California Legal?
    By cyruspura in forum FN FNP
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 10:11 PM
  5. California Legal FNH 45
    By THS in forum FN FNP
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 10:28 PM

Search tags for this page

ca legal scar

,
california legal fn scar
,
california legal scar 16
,
california modifications to fn scar
,
california scar 17s
,
can i own a scar in california
,
fn scar buttstock button with set screw
,

fn scar california legal

,
how to make a scar buttstock not folding
,
how to pin scar stock
,
how to remove a pinned gun stock
,
how to remove stock pin on ca scar
,
howbto know what scar 17 is california legal
,
it it legal to own a scar
,
left coast tactical
,
scar 17s ca compliant
,

scar 17s california

,
scar buttstock hinge pin removal
,
scar ca compliant buttstock pin installation
,
wwwgreaterscarsshowcalifornia
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread