Elcan SpecterDr not fitting on 16s

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: Elcan SpecterDr not fitting on 16s

Elcan SpecterDr not fitting on 16s

I'm trying to mount a brand new Elcan SpecterDr 1-4x on the top rail of my 16s. When I try to mount it and secure the levers, the Elcan is very loose!! Has anyone else had this problem? I so wanted this scope to work properly. Has anyone else had a problem mounting their SpecterDr 1-4x on their 16s?

Before I ordered the scope I contacted Armament Technologies (distributor for North America) and they told me the mount should not have any problems mounting onto a SCAR. He told some rails that are not Mil-Spec will have a problem excepting the Arms Mount.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    I'm trying to mount a brand new Elcan SpecterDr 1-4x on the top rail of my 16s. When I try to mount it and secure the levers, the Elcan is very loose!! Has anyone else had this problem? I so wanted this scope to work properly. Has anyone else had a problem mounting their SpecterDr 1-4x on their 16s?

Before I ordered the scope I contacted Armament Technologies (distributor for North America) and they told me the mount should not have any problems mounting onto a SCAR. He told some rails that are not Mil-Spec will have a problem excepting the Arms Mount.
    Welcome to the forums.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

I read somewhere that folks were having to use shims to get them to work....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Hence the problem with ARMS mounts. They are not designed to be adjustable to varying rail sizes without the use of shims.

Banned
    SCAR rails are most assuredly "mil-spec", as I and many other members have mounted the Elcan without issue. Your problem most likely stems from the ARMS mounts being defective or possibly broken. Also check to make sure the cross bar underneath the mount is intact and engaging the picitinny grooves. Pictures are always useful for helping us to figure things out. Otherwise I would contact AT again for repairs.

I thought new ones had adjustable levers.

FN Supporter
    I have no problems with my 1-4X holding the Mil Spec rails. If ensuring that the sight is fully engaging down tight on the rails before throwing the levers to the tight position does not work, there must be something wrong with the mounting system, Talk to your dealer and have it fixed.

When I mounted the opitic to the rail, it appeared to be on correctly. I'm an LEO and Colt AR-15 armorer certified.....I have not had this problem with our AR-15's at the department before. It might be defective. I attempted to call AT today, but had to leave a message. I will call back tomorrow. I thought I would ask on the forum to see if this is a known issue, or not. On a side note....I am under the impression the 16s is the exact same rifle as the MK16, minus the select fire. I would take pictures, but I'm on duty right now (slow night, if you were wondering). Thanks

STL
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post

AN easy way to find out is to grab another unit with a 1913 rail and mount the optic to it. If it exhibits the same issue, then it's most assured that the glass is the issue.
    SONYtec thanked this.

FN Supporter
    Unless they have changed their policy, I can tell you that they prefer you deal with the dealer where you purchased the sight. They are not (in the past) set up for retail sales. Armament Technologies is a Canadian Company and dealing with the import/export rules in Canada is a real pain. Been there done that. Won't do it again if I can avoid it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links