NEW "RECOIL Magazine" - Page 3

FN Forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thanks Tree3Thanks

Thread: NEW "RECOIL Magazine"

Quote Originally Posted by Tbuck View Post
    If you have an iPad it's digital with the free zinio app. You do have to pay for the subscription for the mag. It is a good mag, digital on the iPad is awesome.
    This bears worth repeating, as SWAT magazine (not always great, but better than most if you can abide looking at Leroy Thompson every month) is also available on Zinio. I was able to access Recoil via the iOS' native "Newsstand" app, as well (you know -- that annoying icon that you don't use for anything else, and can't delete).

They've done a fine job with their rollout issue, though I hope they don't end up sacrificing their credibility on the altar of becoming some kind of cheesy "lifestyle" rag. No offense to those with dissenting views, but I'm not sure that we really need a gun-centric version of Maxim. There are some early indications that they're headed that way regardless, and given the way that advertising revenues work, I guess I shouldn't bother to feign surprise when that happens. Whatever the case, the January 2012 issue is worth your time.

AC

Senior Member CAN KILL GOATS WITH HIS MIND Econometrics's Avatar
    x2 on the iPad digital newsstand. The best part is that I don't have to worry about my wife throwing the magazines out when they start piling up!
    The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You!

Quote Originally Posted by Econometrics View Post
    x2 on the iPad digital newsstand. The best part is that I don't have to worry about my wife throwing the magazines out when they start piling up!
    You Too...

By the way the next issue is coming out 01May2012...
    Last edited by 82ND.ABN.MED; 03-29-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    "Dulce bellum inexpertis "

-War is sweet to the inexperienced.

Well folks, it appears RECOIL magazine has jumped the shark. The magazine's editor, Jerry Tsai, is the next ZUMBO. He doesn't think you should have access to firearms with, "no sporting application"...

"Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know thatís technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags, and thatís it. Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands. It comes with semi-automatic and full-auto firing modes only. Its overall size places it between a handgun and submachine gun. Its assault rifle capabilities and small size make this a serious weapon that should not be taken lightly."

Let' also review why this gun should not be taken lightly. In the article it was stated that the MP7A1 is a slightly larger than handgun sized machine-gun that can be accurately fired and penetrate Soviet style body armor at more than 300 yards. In the wrong hands, that's a bad day for the good guys.

As readers of RECOIL, we all agree that we love bad-ass hardware, there's no question about that. I believe that in a perfect world, all of us should have access to every kind of gadget that we desire. Believe me, being a civvie myself, I'd love to be able to get my hands on an MP7A1 of my own regardless of its stated purpose, but unfortunately the reality is that it isn't available to us. As a fellow enthusiast, I know how frustrating it is to want something only to be denied it.

Its manufacturer has not made the gun available to the general public and when we asked if it would ever come to the commercial market, they replied that it is strictly a military and law enforcement weapon, adding that there are no sporting applications for it. Is it wrong that HK decided against selling a full-auto pocket sized machine gun that can penetrate armor from hundreds of yards away? It's their decision to make and their decision they have to live with not mine nor anybody else's.

I accepted their answer for what it was out of respect for those serving in uniform. I believe that we as gun enthusiasts should respect our brothers in law enforcement, agency work and the military and also keep them out of harms way. Like HK, I wouldn't want to see one of these slip into the wrong hands either. Whether or not you agree with this is fine. I am compelled to explain a point that I was trying to make that may have not been clear.

Thanks for reading,
    - JT, Editor, RECOIL
    Also, check out: "...the MP71A is... | Facebook
    The AR is the rifle for the masses and the SCAR is the rifle for the classes.

The AR is the rifle for the masses and the SCAR is the rifle for the classes.

Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (RED SHIRT) VishousDeelishous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt Gummer View Post
    Well folks, it appears RECOIL magazine has jumped the shark. The magazine's editor, Jerry Tsai, is the next ZUMBO. He doesn't think you should have access to firearms with, "no sporting application"...

Also, check out: "...the MP71A is... | Facebook
    I feel I won't be buying this magazine anymore due to these opinions . That type of thought definitely is counter productive for gun owners and advancement of 2nd amendment laws. I'm amazed someone of his position can believe that.

Sent from my NookTablet
    cetane thanked this.
    Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people.

Member Hits The Target
    A **** storm's a brewin'....

So, does this mean fewer people will purchase HK products?

Seriously, both a company representative and a magazine editor make the statement but the focus is on one of them?

I will not be buying Recoil magazine. And, I get ALL the (other) gun magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by XTRazzer View Post
    So, does this mean fewer people will purchase HK products?

Seriously, both a company representative and a magazine editor make the statement but the focus is on one of them?
    I'm a step ahead of people on the no HK products.
    cetane thanked this.
    If work was easy, the wife and kids would be doing it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links