FN Herstal Firearms banner

March Scopes for a Scar 17?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  CPTdaz 
#1 ·
Is anyone running a March brand scope on their Scar 17?

If so, are they rugged enough to live a long healthy life on a Scar 17?

The ones that have caught my eye is the 3x-24x FFP tactical series that comes in 42 or 52 objective, illuminated or not. They seem to weigh from around 22 ounces to around 25 ounces. That's around 10 ounces less than a Mk8

I like the looks of the 3-24x52...

Tactical 3-24 x 52 FFP

March is made in Austraila but these people in WA state seem to sell them:

March Optics - Home of the World's Best Rifle Scopes

#2 ·
Is anyone running a March brand scope on their Scar 17?

If so, are they rugged enough to live a long healthy life on a Scar 17?

The ones that have caught my eye is the 3x-24x FFP tactical series that comes in 42 or 52 objective, illuminated or not. They seem to weigh from around 22 ounces to around 25 ounces. That's around 10 ounces less than a Mk8

I like the looks of the 3-24x52...

Tactical 3-24 x 52 FFP

March is made in Austraila but these people in WA state seem to sell them:

March Optics - Home of the World's Best Rifle Scopes
thought about a 1-10x24 but no daylight illumination so it kind of defeated the purpose of a X1 for me.

Reactions: mityno1
#3 ·
I have one on my 3gun rifle that I've been tempted to try on my 17. It's an awesome scope but reading about the strange beatings scopes take on the 17's have made me leery. I can say the scope is not baby on my rifle and has held up for 4 years of getting thrown into dump barrels. The 3-24's are used on some pretty heavy recoiling long range guns. Also, their warranty is limited due to Japanese law but they and Kelblys say they will take care of any problems that arise without regard to warranty.

#4 ·
Thanks!

I would hate to break a scope that cost more than my Scar! But the lightness of weight and range of magnifiction make it very tempting... even if it costs me another divorce :tongue:

#5 · (Edited)
Here is article that compares many popular quality scopes. The 3-24 March is the highest rated and most praised despite the fact it was the author's first time evaluating one...

Tactical Scopes: Ergonomics Part 2 | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

And comparison graphs: http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/...omics-and-experience-behind-the-scope-part-1/

The March is the lightest:

Text Blue Line Font Parallel

And gives the most magnification per ounce:

Text Blue Font Line Parallel

The March is the second shortest to the Mk 6:

The March is the the least tall scope:

And least wide:

Text Blue Line Font Document

#6 ·
I have their 1-10x24 tactical on the 17s for a couple of years now. No issue with it so far, but I haven't exactly put it through a gauntlet of tests or anything. It's relatively light for what it is and solid piece of glass.

I thought March was made in Japan?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.