GG&G Scar 17 Accessories - Not too Impressed

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree11Thanks

Thread: GG&G Scar 17 Accessories - Not too Impressed

GG&G Scar 17 Accessories - Not too Impressed

Out of the packaging I have always been impressed with the feel of GG&G accessories. They seem very well built and finished. But, they are pricey and I have always ended up a bit disappointed. The latest round for my Scar17 has been a bust.

GGG-1533 GG&G SCAR Enhanced Charging Handle
    I ordered the GG&G angled charging handle because of my Acog. It is very sloppy. The OEM handle has some play to be sure, but the GG&G has a lot more. It rattles quite a bit. I liked the griped surface of the HDD version better, but they were out of stock. Any Suggestions on a better slanted charging handle?

GGG-1583 GG&G SCAR Quick Detach Rear Sling Attachment
    Terrible. The QD just pops out. You also have to take out 2 of the screws on the scar and replace them with the longer GG&G screws. Not sure I like messing with the factory screws on the upper. I called GG&G and they had me send them back, since clearly this is a faulty manufacturing issue.

I bought the PMM version and what an improvement! They do not require messing around with the screws, are a perfect fit and function flawlessly. I also liked the fact that the rear mount can be 360 degree and have the fronts locked. Customer service was great too. PMM is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

GGG-1620 GG&G Quick Detach Side Sling Attachment for Dovetails
    Worked but a bit bulky and has giant ugly logo. The PMM version is much smaller, works great and looks like it came on the rifle.

Again, any Suggestions on a better slanted charging handle?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Stryker Enterprises E.A.C.H. You'll love it.
    Hoax001 and mityno1 thanked this.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SONYtec View Post
    That looks like the ticket. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SONYtec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoax001 View Post
    That looks like the ticket. Thanks!
    Your welcome.

Many folks on this forum like it.
    Hoax001 and mityno1 thanked this.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

Pmm forum soonest has qd sling detaches Jarod is a good guy
    Hoax001 thanked this.

+1 more for SE and PMM, both offer very high quality solutions for our beloved SCAR's, I'd also like to add KDG to the mix.
    Hoax001 thanked this.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    No need to remove any hardware and they are on sale right now!

Take a look around I have the most comprehensive accessory selection for the SCAR platform.
    FN Herstal SCAR 16/17 Rifle Accesories & Parts - Parker Mountain Machine
    s977620473547721020_p47_i15_w800.jpeg
    Hoax001 thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I have the pmm front qd. When I sbr had to remove the ggg front extended rail which has a qd socket. The pmm one works perfect. I already had ggg rear ones and would have got pmm if I didn't already have them.

Stryker each charging handle ftw! Have it on both scars but my dad liked the ggg one more so guess everyone has Their preference

i have the pmm extended mag release also but was only able to instal one of them. I really like it but for whatever reason the pin in one scar won't come out. But with the one I was able to instal is two thumbs up you would like it
    Hoax001 thanked this.

Damn of course it went on sale after I bought the QD mount...
    May God grant us the wisdom to discover the right, the will to choose it, and the strength to make it endure.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyjim View Post
    I have the pmm front qd. When I sbr had to remove the ggg front extended rail which has a qd socket. The pmm one works perfect. I already had ggg rear ones and would have got pmm if I didn't already have them.

Stryker each charging handle ftw! Have it on both scars but my dad liked the ggg one more so guess everyone has Their preference

i have the pmm extended mag release also but was only able to instal one of them. I really like it but for whatever reason the pin in one scar won't come out. But with the one I was able to instal is two thumbs up you would like it
    Hill
    billy If you want to send me your lower I can remove and install you mag button for you.
    hillbillyjim thanked this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links