FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree24Thanks

Thread: Silencer Co. Saker 7.62 Muzzle Break and the Scar 17

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoax001 View Post
    Thanks. Why are people saying that there is not enough shoulder on the threads to where you can't use shims?
    Because no one went through and tested everything. There were a lot of assumptions made and some bad installs. This might help out also SCAR 17 Muzzle Device Compatibility List
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /

512-931-4556

Okay guys, I have read through the threads and have talked to a few people, but I am really confused about the Saker 7.62 trifecta muzzle break on the Scar17. I have tried the trifecta flash hider, which works fine with the suppressor, but has too much recoil without the suppressor on.

I'd like to set the record straight for anyone else who is trying to use the trifecta 7.62 muzzle break.

Here is what I think I understand...

1. The Scar17 barrel threads do not have enough shoulder to hold shims. That means that the trifecta flash hider is fine, but the trifecta muzzle break cannot be timed (i.e. aligned) properly.

2. Barrel threads are 5/8x24, so be sure to buy the correct size trifecta.

3. Don't ever use the barrel nut (that comes with the original break) to correct this problem
    SCAR 17 suppressor concentricity measurements

4. Use 30 ft lb torque and Rockset

5. Check bore concentricity.

I can try to put the beak on and see what happens. It might not be perfect, but might be "good enough". That is, as long as the vents are not sticking straight up and down it will be better than the flash hider.

What do you guys think. Has anyone else had any luck putting the muzzle break on a factory barrel? If so, please let me know how it went. Thanks.
    I think the issue has been a bit overblown. Silencer Shop released a list of brakes they deem OK to use with the SCAR (including the AAC offerings), as long as the correct shims are used. I don't recall which of the top of my head but it is probably on their site. If not, contact them (good place to buy a muzzle device or can from anyway).
    Jeremy M. and Hoax001 thanked this.

Do these same issues plague the 16 as well? Going to get a Omega or saker sooner than later for it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    Do these same issues plague the 16 as well? Going to get a Omega or saker sooner than later for it.
    No. The 16 has a solid shoulder for mounting.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    I think the issue has been a bit overblown. Silencer Shop released a list of brakes they deem OK to use with the SCAR (including the AAC offerings), as long as the correct shims are used. I don't recall which of the top of my head but it is probably on their site. If not, contact them (good place to buy a muzzle device or can from anyway).
    Thank you. Just so you know, the person who originally told me that I could not use the muzzle break, was a sales guy AT the Silencer Shop.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Thank you. Just so you know, the person who originally told me that I could not use the muzzle break, was a sales guy AT the Silencer Shop.
    Unfortunately not everyone at the shop is knowledgeable on every platform. I apologize for the mis-information.
    Patton250, h00ktern and Hoax001 thanked this.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

/
    /

512-931-4556

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody93 View Post
    I've been looking for options to mount a brake on mine as well. Gemtech just came out with an "adapter" I guess you could say that give you a shoulder to use with shims with whatever muzzle device you want to use. Just wanted to make you aware if you haven't seen it.

Greg
    I just mounted the Gemtech with poor results vs. the shims. Suppressor Install. How perfect do I have to be?
    Jeremy M. thanked this.

I just mounted the Gemtech with poor results vs. the shims. Suppressor Install. How perfect do I have to be?

Good to know. Thx. BTW, which shim kit did you end up using?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    Unfortunately not everyone at the shop is knowledgeable on every platform. I apologize for the mis-information.
    Any feedback on Dead Air or any newer muzzle brakes? Or is simply a matter of correctly shimming *any* muzzle brake? E.g. SureFire chamfered shim flipped around.

I ended up using the original shims. All but one or two seemed to work best for me. Jeremy from the Silencer Shop was kind enough to send me the thicker shims that Patton used in his Specwar intsall Installing Specwar 7.62 brake on SCAR 17

However, these did not want to time properly for the Saker brake. Use the original shims and you should be good to go. Here is the link to the photos.

Suppressor Install. How perfect do I have to be?

BTW, Jeremy went out of his way to help. I really appreciated that and I will always buy my suppressors from the Silencer Shop.
    Jeremy M. thanked this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links