Silencer Co. Saker 7.62 Muzzle Break and the Scar 17

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree24Thanks

Thread: Silencer Co. Saker 7.62 Muzzle Break and the Scar 17

Okay guys, I have read through the threads and have talked to a few people, but I am really confused about the Saker 7.62 trifecta muzzle break on the Scar17. I have tried the trifecta flash hider, which works fine with the suppressor, but has too much recoil without the suppressor on.

I'd like to set the record straight for anyone else who is trying to use the trifecta 7.62 muzzle break.

Here is what I think I understand...

1. The Scar17 barrel threads do not have enough shoulder to hold shims. That means that the trifecta flash hider is fine, but the trifecta muzzle break cannot be timed (i.e. aligned) properly.

2. Barrel threads are 5/8x24, so be sure to buy the correct size trifecta.

3. Don't ever use the barrel nut (that comes with the original break) to correct this problem
    SCAR 17 suppressor concentricity measurements

4. Use 30 ft lb torque and Rockset

5. Check bore concentricity.

I can try to put the beak on and see what happens. It might not be perfect, but might be "good enough". That is, as long as the vents are not sticking straight up and down it will be better than the flash hider.

What do you guys think. Has anyone else had any luck putting the muzzle break on a factory barrel? If so, please let me know how it went. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hoax001; 07-19-2015 at 09:41 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I've been looking for options to mount a brake on mine as well. Gemtech just came out with an "adapter" I guess you could say that give you a shoulder to use with shims with whatever muzzle device you want to use. Just wanted to make you aware if you haven't seen it.

Greg
    Hoax001 thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I think you pretty well nailed the issue I went with the flash hider and to tell the truth never noticed recoil being that much different with no suppressor. Maybe it's just my perception, but I think 308 kicks no matter what. SCAR 17 is softer than most, but still can't make it feel like a 55gr 223. Of course with the suppressor on there is no problem with recoil.
    Hoax001 thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I noticed a slight increase in kick when I installed my trifecta flash hider. I have the muzzle brake and would rather use it. This gem-tech thingy might be the way to go.
    Last edited by teamsuzukigsxr; 07-19-2015 at 03:58 AM.
    Hoax001 thanked this.
    Make Peace Or Die! Semper FI!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    You can use the Saker shims on the 17 to time the brake. The brake is compatible with with the 17 and several of us here are using it. Just use the shims provided and be sure to torque it to spec and you should be good to go with a few drops of rocksett.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

I might just do that since I have the time. I have the saker 7.62 with madd mount. waiting on the stamp at the moment. I did notice the shims that came with the brake. How many shims did you need to use? And is the torque 30 IBS?
    Make Peace Or Die! Semper FI!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by teamsuzukigsxr View Post
    I might just do that since I have the time. I have the saker 7.62 with madd mount. waiting on the stamp at the moment. I did notice the shims that came with the brake. How many shims did you need to use? And is the torque 30 IBS?
    Here this is Patton's thread on the specwar. It's very similar and he has what you need to know.

Installing Specwar 7.62 brake on SCAR 17
    Patton250, d762nato, Hoax001 and 2 others thanked this.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody93 View Post
    I've been looking for options to mount a brake on mine as well. Gemtech just came out with an "adapter" I guess you could say that give you a shoulder to use with shims with whatever muzzle device you want to use. Just wanted to make you aware if you haven't seen it.

Greg
    This looks great, thanks.

SCAR thread adapter

Anyone use this for a trifecta?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by KameronTKelly View Post
    You can use the Saker shims on the 17 to time the brake. The brake is compatible with with the 17 and several of us here are using it. Just use the shims provided and be sure to torque it to spec and you should be good to go with a few drops of rocksett.
    Thanks. Why are people saying that there is not enough shoulder on the threads to where you can't use shims?

Try the LanTac brake. It's awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links