Okay guys, I have read through the threads and have talked to a few people, but I am really confused about the Saker 7.62 trifecta muzzle break on the Scar17. I have tried the trifecta flash hider, which works fine with the suppressor, but has too much recoil without the suppressor on.
I'd like to set the record straight for anyone else who is trying to use the trifecta 7.62 muzzle break.
Here is what I think I understand...
1. The Scar17 barrel threads do not have enough shoulder to hold shims. That means that the trifecta flash hider is fine, but the trifecta muzzle break cannot be timed (i.e. aligned) properly.
2. Barrel threads are 5/8x24, so be sure to buy the correct size trifecta.
3. Don't ever use the barrel nut (that comes with the original break) to correct this problem
SCAR 17 suppressor concentricity measurements
4. Use 30 ft lb torque and Rockset
5. Check bore concentricity.
I can try to put the beak on and see what happens. It might not be perfect, but might be "good enough". That is, as long as the vents are not sticking straight up and down it will be better than the flash hider.
What do you guys think. Has anyone else had any luck putting the muzzle break on a factory barrel? If so, please let me know how it went. Thanks.