Thanks Tree13Thanks

Thread: Scar 17 Hard Case

Quote Originally Posted by uvitalik View Post
    Ended up getting Storm im3200
    Storms are nice, very happy with mines.

Pelican 1750
    Five-seveN, FNS-9, FNX-9, FNP-45, FNX-45, SCAR 16s, SCAR 17s
    FS2000

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

-Thomas Paine

Is there anyone out there doing laser cut foam inserts for the Pelicans? I'm interested in one for my new SCAR but no idea where to get the insert made!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bullmrkt View Post
    Is there anyone out there doing laser cut foam inserts for the Pelicans? I'm interested in one for my new SCAR but no idea where to get the insert made!
    Try here although I'm sure there are others you should check out as well.
    Custom Foam Inserts for Cases | Custom Foam made Easy

Quote Originally Posted by bullmrkt View Post
    You don't need to look for that unless you really don't have the time.

Get a grease pencil (art crafts store) and lay out all the items in the case. When you've found a satisfactory layout, reverse the layout and trace each item with the grease pencil.

Use an electric knife to cut out the silhouettes. For the price of the electric carving knife, you can now buy additional foam inserts for the Pelican case and cut out different layouts for the middle foam layer to use in the same case (and you can use the knife to carve the Thanksgiving turkey too).

Reversing it before tracing ensures that you have the clean side up when you put it in the case. With a little care while cutting, the results will look professionally done.

Max
    bullmrkt thanked this.

Pelican 1700 with the stock folded
    bullmrkt thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax_1 View Post
    You don't need to look for that unless you really don't have the time.

Get a grease pencil (art crafts store) and lay out all the items in the case. When you've found a satisfactory layout, reverse the layout and trace each item with the grease pencil.

Use an electric knife to cut out the silhouettes. For the price of the electric carving knife, you can now buy additional foam inserts for the Pelican case and cut out different layouts for the middle foam layer to use in the same case (and you can use the knife to carve the Thanksgiving turkey too).

Reversing it before tracing ensures that you have the clean side up when you put it in the case. With a little care while cutting, the results will look professionally done.

Max
    Cool thanks, good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk 5 View Post
    Pelican 1700 with the stock folded
    I was thinking about going this route but with a Pelican iM3100 instead of the 1700 (slightly thicker). I thought it made sense to take advantage of the folding stock to have a shorter case to deal with and fit into trunks etc.

This is the one I have.Pelican Hardigg 472 PWS SCAR case comes with the foam. I believe they sell just the foam also.

Never argue with stupid people.It brings you down to their level,then they beat you with experience!

So i gave up on cutting the foam out for a specific fit, it changed too often. So this way you grab one handle and have Rifle, Chest rig with loaded mags in pouches, Bipod, Light and Batteries. Ready to put on and go, as soon as you open it up.

20151120_102852_zpsl5xdqhox.jpg
    BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Of course I am compensating for something.... If I could kill something at 300 meters with my c*ck I would not need a gun!

Originally Posted by Clyde
    and then they get to enjoy trying to ride the concussion wave....
    and start peppering them mercilessly with flying hot brass

....well this Country is aboard a Dreamliner, and the Pilot is screaming "Allah-Akbar"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links