SEAL ordered - Page 16

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 202
Thanks Tree191Thanks

Thread: SEAL ordered

  1. #151
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    10
    Thanked
    3 times
    So I called Stryker and got ahold of a representative to inquiry about my order. He looked up my order and said there are 4 orders ahead of mine.

    (Still not sure their order number process as previously discussed my order number, but I didn’t bother getting angry and questioning this).


    However he informed me the delay is on their Heat Treat Vender. This is in regards to finishing the “Optimized Mag Catch Body.” He informed me there are thousands of these items that need to be finished, by this vender. He says the production manager keeps harping on them, and the vender keeps stating 2 weeks, 2 weeks, etc etc…


    I was informed that the lowers are done but they need this final treatment done, because in essence if you were to insert a magazine, you’d have to yank them out. It wouldn’t work overall as a lower.


    I suppose I’m still in the waiting game and super envious of you guys who got theirs before me, yet ordered after me…


  2. #152
    R4
    R4 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    160
    Thanked
    110 times
    I waited for the Optimized Mag Catch Body for my order too. I guess the vendor that produces these isn't keeping up with the demand. Hopefully they get it sorted out.

    Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

  3. #153
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    95
    Thanked
    60 times
    Hmmm... Interesting.

    Is the Optimised Mag Catch Body the same thing as the S.O.A.M.R (i.e. Scar Optimised Alloy Magazine Release)? Or is it a different part? Is that item just an oversized mag release button or is there more to it?

    My order was #1782 and I received mine at the end of September. I ordered the PMag SEAL fully assembled with all stock components but without the trigger (had pre-purchased a Geissele).

    Stupid weather hasn't cooperated so I've only shot about 20 rounds through it, but so far, it's been great! Magpul 25 rounders drop free. Bolt hold open works every time (I only loaded 5 rounds in the mag each time, so the bolt catch worked all 4 times).

    No FTF or FTE or any issues whatsoever. It minimized the play between the upper and lower and now I have mag compatibility with my stockpile of SR25 pattern mags. Will do a more in-depth review when I've had some decent range time, but for now, I'm definitely happy with the purchase.


    Max
    Last edited by bluemax_1; 10-17-2016 at 04:27 PM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #154
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    10
    Thanked
    3 times
    Max,

    i have no clue on this optimized body catch, but I am Glad to hear how yours in running.

    im now officially past 6 months. So frustrated as I seem to have been skipped. I'm not sure if should inquire more, this is odd since he should be production levels

  6. #155
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    jhs27275's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    21,753
    Thanked
    9762 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamo26 View Post
    Max,

    i have no clue on this optimized body catch, but I am Glad to hear how yours in running.

    im now officially past 6 months. So frustrated as I seem to have been skipped. I'm not sure if should inquire more, this is odd since he should be production levels
    Read my reply to your other post.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

  7. #156
    R4
    R4 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    160
    Thanked
    110 times
    "PMag model is supplied with an optimized magazine catch body at no additional cost (ensures left magazine release paddle to function as designed by FN)"

    The magazine catch body itself is the part that actually engages the magazine to hold it in. I'm sure it must be cut different than the original, since it's for Pmags instead of the OEM magazines.

    I'm guessing every other OEM part is interchangeable and can be used on the SEAL Pmag lower, except for that one part which is why it's included with the lower.

    If it's just that one small part that is holding things up, Striker needs to find a different machine shop or needs to have more of these manufactured at a time.

    I'd send Stryker an email. They were pretty quick to respond to me. I'd like to know where they are at on the list for Pmag lowers as well.

    Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

  8. #157
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    95
    Thanked
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by R4 View Post
    "PMag model is supplied with an optimized magazine catch body at no additional cost (ensures left magazine release paddle to function as designed by FN)"

    The magazine catch body itself is the part that actually engages the magazine to hold it in. I'm sure it must be cut different than the original, since it's for Pmags instead of the OEM magazines.

    I'm guessing every other OEM part is interchangeable and can be used on the SEAL Pmag lower, except for that one part which is why it's included with the lower.

    If it's just that one small part that is holding things up, Striker needs to find a different machine shop or needs to have more of these manufactured at a time.

    I'd send Stryker an email. They were pretty quick to respond to me. I'd like to know where they are at on the list for Pmag lowers as well.

    Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Ah, thanks for the info. Certainly works as intended. Taken it to the range a couple more times (kept getting there late, so the round count through the SEAL is only at about 80).

    Functions flawlessly with the 25-round windowed PMags. No FTE or FTF and empty PMags easily drop free.


    Max

    P.S. Alamo26, sorry to hear about your prolonged wait, but in my case, I'm definitely happy with the product. Hopefully they'll get this mag catch production issue sorted out with their supplier soon.

  9. #158
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    95
    Thanked
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by R4 View Post
    I just checked Lancer's website, they have 25rd .308 magazines.





    Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Heads up per Lancer at the beginning of Nov:

    They've had a backlog on 10 & 20 round L7AWM's and just started shipping out backorders. Release of the 25-rounders has been pushed back.

    The only ones out in the wild I'm aware of are the reviewer samples.


    Max
    R4 thanked this.

  10. #159
    R4
    R4 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    160
    Thanked
    110 times
    Just updating the thread...

    Has anyone received their Stryker SEAL lower recently?

    Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

  11. #160
    Senior Member TBROWN 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    140
    Thanked
    161 times
    I ordered an FN Model in FDE on 10/20/16 and received it on 11/22/16

    Quote Originally Posted by R4 View Post
    Just updating the thread...

    Has anyone received their Stryker SEAL lower recently?

    Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    R4 thanked this.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. WTT SEAL MK4 Black for SEAL MK3
    By RangerU in forum FN Guns and FN Items For Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. seal- has anyone got one yet?
    By Pnorris in forum FN SCAR 17S
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-18-2015, 07:10 PM
  3. SEAL's and the 17S
    By Alesia in forum FN SCAR 17S
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 12:21 PM

Search tags for this page

forum seal lower stryker
,

usps tracking --site:.gov

Click on a term to search for related topics.