Google Search
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thanks Tree23Thanks

Thread: Elcan Specter DR opinion

Thanks for replies everyone.
    Ended up ordering Elcan.
    FullAssault and d762nato thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTdaz View Post
    Personally I don't think it's worth it for the price and weight. There are variety of setup out there that are better suited for what civilian shooters use the rifle for. I run a March Tactical 1-10x and ADM mount that weight about the same as an Elcan 1.5-6x but 1k cheaper and more magnification. Can easily and reliably hit out to 600 yds, and maybe 1000 yds (I haven't tried with the 17s).
    how is your March? Why did you go with 1-10 over their 1-8 offering?
    CPTdaz thanked this.

Which Elcan did you go with?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I have two and I'm still on the fence with them. Sometimes I consider selling them and buying a red dot and ACOG for each and still having change left over. I wish the reticle was a bit more fine although they are built like tanks and the glass is amazing.
    Last edited by Drew11b; 09-14-2016 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattatat View Post
    how is your March? Why did you go with 1-10 over their 1-8 offering?
    I don't think their 1-8x24 ffp was available when I brought mine which was several years ago. I would have though.
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

I almost bought one for my scar17 and talked myself out of it and got leupold mark 8 1.1-8x instead. now I just got a scar 16 and thinking about the elcan1/4 again. do you think a red dot with a magnifier is a better option? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drew11b View Post
    I have two and I'm still on the fence with them. Sometimes I consider selling them and buying a red dot and ACOG for each and still having change left over. I wish the reticle was a bit more fine although they are built like tanks and the glass is amazing.

I would ask what is your intended role for the rifle? The Magnifier/Eotech setup is pretty nice but weight wise its not far off from the Elcan but you can always take off the magnifier if you know you're not going to be using it. I am however much faster and much more comfortable with the Eotech up close than I am with the Elcan on 1x.

If I were to buy an Elcan again for my 16s I would wait until I could pick up the military over run version (SU-230) because of the finer reticle. The thickness of the reticle bothers me on the civilian version. I believe I will ultimately go with a T-1 in an absolute co witness mount and then have an ACOG for any distance work. I love how light and handy the rifle is with the T1 mounted. If you like your Mark 8 have you considered the Leupold mark 6 1-6?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshck View Post
    I almost bought one for my scar17 and talked myself out of it and got leupold mark 8 1.1-8x instead. now I just got a scar 16 and thinking about the elcan1/4 again. do you think a red dot with a magnifier is a better option? thanks

yeah I have thought about getting the mark 6, but I plan using my scar 16 for 0-300 yards and just want something fast, with the mark 6 the reticles they have for that scope is busy for me and too much for me to think about lol, I'm thinking about getting the trijicon tr24/25 with the triangle. but then I look at other 1-4/1-6 scopes and change my mind ,like every day. where I live not many gun shops have high end scopes so I can only go by what people say on the forums.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links